~Leslie~ (20)

I stepped onto the scale of my hotel bathroom in nothing but my teal lace body suit.it didn't fit exactly the way it was supposed to either. I gazed down at the numbers and frowned lightly before exhaling and stepping off. Apparently the six months I took of modeling to go touring made some 'undesirable' changes to my body as the modeling scouts claimed. I wouldn't be allowed to walk the runway here in Milan if I couldn't get my body back to the way it was. I had been trying desperately for the past two weeks and I only had one week left. I was really close but kept plateauing. I glanced at my reflection in the full length mirror and sighed again before changing into my gym clothes. I put on a white sports bra and some grey running shorts. I drank some morning detox juice and went on a two mile jog. Have way through I felt slightly lightheaded headed. I chugged some water before continuing on. Once I was back home I took a quick shower changed into jean shorts, white tank, and sneakers and headed to the studio.
"It's about time you got here." My friend Barbara smiled as I came through the doorway. She gave me a tight hug.
"You okay?" She asked tilting her head slightly to one side.
I nodded my head lightly and smiled,
"Yeah I am alright." But the truth wasn't I hadn't had a normal meal in over three weeks. Lots of juicing, some veggies as snacks. The occasional lean protein thrown in. I felt groggy, weak and nauseous but I needed to maintain a high caloric deficit in order to get the weight off fast. My activity increased too. I was running again almost every day and doing pilates three times a week. It was straining but I was getting leaner. I just hope that it was in time for the show.....
"Alright girls we are first going to to the swimsuit test shots."
I put on a bright red triangle shape bikini. They set up a fake beach scene with sand, towels, and everything.
"That's right Les." Danny, our photographer, called out.
"Alright. Alright. Let's switch it up to the evening gowns." He added with a bright smile. I nodded my head and felt myself slightly shaking as I stood up. I took a few deep breaths as I slowly walked back to my room. I drank some lemon water and ate a few bites of the salad I ordered for lunch. I couldn't eat much though without it distorting the photos. Hair and makeup quickly got to work and I slipped into the backless, satin, champagne colored evening dress and matching heels. We were all positioned in a line as we waited for our turns to practice our walk. A few of the model critics sat in the audience to observe our performance as everything had to be perfect. I felt the dizziness come over me again as my turn came up and I took another few deep breaths. I started onto the stage. Hitting each step in rhythm the fabric of my dress swaying effortlessly. As I reached the end of the stage to pose I suddenly saw stars and felt off balance. I turned away slowly but the stars continued to dance in my eyes as everything went black. The last sensation I felt was a feeling like I was falling.
"Is she going to be okay?" The voice of my friend Barbara reached my ears as my eyes suddenly fluttered open. I felt nauseous and my head was pounding.
"What happened?" I mumbled lightly as my vision cleared. A nurse was sitting beside my monitoring my pulse.
"You took quite a tumble." She smiled softly.
"Oh my gosh Les you nearly gave me a heart attack." Barbara gasped lightly laying her hand on her chest.
The nurse nodded towards me before writing down something on her pad.
"Can I ask when the last time you ate was Miss Hill?"
"Um maybe an hour ago?"
"What was it?"
"A salad. I had a few bites."
"What else have you had?"
My gaze shifted to the floor.
"Miss Hill your blood sugar was dangerously low. I don't know what your diet has been recently but I suggest you rest and get a full meal in because keep it this low can cause a lot of damage to your body."
I nodded my head slowly.
"I am relieving you of work today and for the next two days."
"Oh you can't do that. I have a show to prepare for."
"You won't be doing much of anything if you have concussion."
"A what?" I looked at her confused and shocked.
"You fell off the stage when you passed out Les and you hit your head."
It explained why my temple was throbbing in pain.
"Go home Miss Hill. Get some rest and nutrition for the next few days then you can return to work."
I nodded my head again and tried to hold back the tears forming in my eyes. Security drove me back home since it was determined I was unsuitable to drive myself. As I sat in the passenger seat of the car I opened my phone and went into my text messages.
I didn't really want anyone knowing about this. The last time I saw Harry was in Chicago two weeks ago. We exchanged numbers but hadn't really talked yet. I didn't want to burden him with anything or risk having him over react. I clicked on the group chat that Madison, Sab and I had.