~Harry~ (37)

"So when aren't you going to make your move man?" Liam asked me as he poured some more drinks for everyone at the bar. I shifted my eyes away from the pool and looked at him,
"What do you mean?"
He gave me an unamused look, "Oh bloody hell man I'm stupid or blind."
I shifted my gaze down before looking back at her.
"You literally haven't stopped looking at her all afternoon." He placed its hand on my shoulder, "It's getting weird mate."
I shrugged him off, "I don't know what you were expecting to happen here Liam."
"More than what is going on right now. Grow some balls mate and talk to her. Tell her how you feel."
"Oh yes that'll go very well. Hi Leslie. I know we agreed to some space but just know that my infatuation with you has gotten worse. I've scrolled none stop through every social media page you have had. I've seen every advertisement and interview you have been in trying to get some fix; like an addict I'm trying to satisfy my addiction with every little substitute since I can't actually have you. You have become my own personal heroine and I fucking hate how much I can't function without you with me."
Liam starred at me blankly, "You need fucking help mate."
I ran my fingers through my hair anxiously, "Tell me something I don't know."
"She needs to know mate. I mean she doesn't look angry. It seems like she wants you."
I furrowed my brows together.
"I'm serious you really think she stripped down all sexy like earlier for Mads benefit?"
"She wasn't stripping."
"She asked you to help her get undress mate. What more giant fucking signs do you need?"
"She couldn't reach the zipper."
"Your actually so oblivious aren't you?"
"I'm not forcing anything this time Liam. That's what made her leave before."
"Yeah but if you don't jump while you have the chance mate, someone else could step in."
I looked down at the bar top before looking at her again. Her smile and laughter as floated on her back in the water making her way the edge where Louis was standing he reached his arm out and helped her out of the water. He put his arm over her shoulders casually as they walked over to the beach chairs. I ran my hand over my mouth as she casually glanced my direction. I felt my jawline flex slightly as I looked down.
"Don't worry." Liam nodded towards me.
"What? I'm not."
"Louis is first rate clown."
"I'm not worried. I know he doesn't have interest in her. He's just a flirt with everybody."
"Yeah, so why are the veins in your neck starting to pop out. Guess the jealousy is worse than I thought."
I smacked my hand on the countertop, "Look you don't everything I am thinking or feeling."
"No but I know enough. We've been friends for years Harry. Your like my brother and I want to see you happy."
I sighed slowly and looked back over at them. Louis dove back into the pool as she laid down in one of the beach chairs to tan.
"I appreciate Liam. I just have to do things in my own time."
"I know I am just saying don't let fear stop you from shooting your shot. Things are good between you guys."
I turned back around to face him, "Exactly and I don't want to fuck it up."
_____________________________________
I fiddled with my tie a few times before getting frustrated. I took it off and tossed it onto the bed with a frustrated sigh,
"Having a hard time?" I heard a familiar chuckle come from behind me as I turned around I saw her silhouette leaning against my door way. She came closer smiling warmly looking so mesmerizing in her short green blazer dress. The emerald color enhancing the caramel tones in her skin. I felt my throat go dry. Like my collar was suffocating me but it was just her. It was always her making me feel breathless like endless case of vertigo I could barely stand in her presence. She placed the tie around my neck her gaze shifting over my eyes and down to my lips. At least that is what is seemed. A part of me felt like I was hallucinating. She tied it effortlessly. Her fingertips lingering on my chest for a few moments,
"The color suits you." I didn't break eye contact with her, "I didn't pick it out."
She smirked, "Yeah well when do you ever pick your own clothes." She poked my chest playfully, "I swear you would be lost without a stylist. Style may be your last name but it's something you definitely don't have."
I furrowed my brows together, "Ouch." I placed my hand on my heart, "When did you get so cruel?"
She shrugged her shoulders innocently,
"I'm just being honest."
"Haven't lost your heart breaking talent."
"I don't do it on purpose. At least not with you." Her eyes shifted from mine down to my lips before returning to mine. I looked at her intently her face just inches from me,
"Doesn't change the impact though."
Her gaze shifted to the floor.
"Leslie." I said with a small sigh and she looked back up at me,
"I'm sorry." I said and immediately paused not sure what I wanted to tell her. There were to many thoughts running through my mind I couldn't organize them into anything audible.
"Oh Harry please don't."
"I want to."
"Well you don't need to."
"But I am anyway and I know I have said it so many times in the past. I mean it though. I really do. I never wanted to pressure you or push you."
"Harry." She said quietly while glancing to the side but I didn't stop.
"I know I'm an asshole. I'm arrogant. And I have let you walk out of my life too many times. I never told you how sorry I was back then and I want you too know it now. I can't change the past but I don't want the future to be filled with tension or regrets. I"
My words were cut off when she suddenly kissed the corner of my mouth. I felt dizzy and my brain seemed to be thoughtless for a few seconds. She started smiling and I could only imagine the dumbfounded expression on my face,
"What was that for?"
"Predominantly to get you to shut up and stop rambling but also to let you know that I am not angry at you Harry. I told you I wasn't before hand. There is nothing to apologize for."
I exhaled slowly and she helped up her hand quickly,
"And please don't apologize for rambling either."
I smiled, "Then I guess I don't really know what else to say."
"How about you don't say anything. Let's just forget the past and focus on having fun."
"Okay."
"Good less talk more action and you can start by being my escort." She smiled confidently and linked her arm in mine,
I smirked lightly, "It would be an honor."
_____________________________________
After the dinner their was an after party at one of the local beach side bars. Everyone danced and drank and I couldn't help but stare at her. Illuminated by the dim lighting I watched as she danced with the girls. Liam eventually made is way over to Madison as a slow song came on. I saw Louis wink at Sabrina but she rolls her eyes so he stuck his hand out to Leslie. She laughed lightly and took it. I tugged on my collar when her arms wrapped around his neck. I tugged on my collar uncomfortably and suddenly Sabrina was at my side.
I took a sip of my drink as she sighed and began to drum her nails on the bar-top next to me.
"You going to sit on your ass all night Styles?"
"I've already been given a lecture from Liam; I don't need one from you too."
"Well your going to get one anyways. You better ask her to dance at least once. She really wants you too."
"And how do you know that?"
"I'm her best friend. I know everything even the stuff she doesn't say out loud."
I looked back over to them. Louis hands resting a little too comfortably on her waist. I took the rest of my shot and tugged on my collar again before finding the courage to go over them.
"Mind if I cut?" I tried to ask smoothly.
"Why I thought you'd never ask." Louis smiled vibrantly and grabbed my hands,
I scoffed lightly,
"Not you dimwit."
She giggled lightly before smiling, "Yeah sorry Louis I'm afraid I'm gonna have to call dibs on this one." She winked at me lightly and I could feel my pulse beginning to race.
"Fine be like that. I need a drink anyways."
She laughed again as Louis strutted away. I shook my head from side to side as I took her hand in mine and placed my other hand on her waist.
She smirked lightly,
"I was wondering when you were going to get off your ass."
I smiled, "Yeah apparently you and everyone else."
"I can't help but notice that you seem to be fine until I am with Louis. You wouldn't be getting jealous now would you?"
"Absolutely not. I know your way to intelligent to fall for his mindless flirting."
She glanced down and bit her bottom lip lightly. I really wish she hadn't drawn attention to her mouth.
She glanced back up at me and shrugged her shoulders lightly, "I don't know some of his lines are pretty good. He's not a bad dancer either. He's honestly got a good bit going for him. Cute, funny, good singer." I felt my jawline hardening and her smile suddenly grew bigger. She took her hand out of mine and pushed me in the chest lightly, "You are jealous!" I glanced to the side and didn't respond. She giggled before wrapping her arms around my neck,
"You know there's no need to be."
"Im not jealous."
"Uh huh sure." She said in disbelief,
"Don't worry I think a little bit of jealousy is actually attractive." I starred at her intently and tightened my grip onto her waist. She smiled and I could feel the space between us closing,
I smirked lightly furrowing my brows together,
"Oh really."
"Uh huh." She replied so femininely her mouth just centimeters from mine and suddenly the song stopped and a faster one began to play. She drug her arms down my chest lightly tugging on my tie.
"Word of advice Styles."
"Yeah."
"Don't take so long to cut in next time." I felt a sudden heat rising in me as she smiled and strode away. I couldn't let her walk away from me this time. Somehow I had to try and tell her how I felt but how?