~Harry~ (25)

As we pulled up to the small house my mother was already outside waiting. I saw her smile widen. She began to wave lightly as I put the car in park. I opened my door and smiled,
"Hey, mom." She gave me a tight hug.
"It's been too long." She smiled while brushing her hand over my cheek, "Still as handsome as ever. Look how long that hair of yours has grown." I smiled and gave her another hug. I heard the passenger side door open. A look of shock spread over my mother's face as Leslie slowly stepped out of the car.
"Harry." My mother scolded and swatted me in the arm.
"You didn't tell me you were bringing Leslie."
"Oh, he didn't, did he." Leslie crossed her arms over her chest and gave me a disapproving look.
"Well, he told me he was bringing a friend, but he didn't mention at all that it was you."
Leslie shook her head from side to side, "So uncommunicative."
I drug my hand over my mouth,
"Funny how fast the two of you just gang up on me."
"How are you doing my dear?" My mother smiled tenderly at Leslie before hugging her.
"You look beautiful as ever."
Leslie smiled tenderly, "Thank you, Anne. It's been a long time."
"Too long darling. You are welcome here anytime."
Leslie smiled warmly, "Thank you. I appreciate that."

"Tell me how has the modeling been going?"

She smiled meekly as she sat down on the couch. My mother sat in her favorite chair across from her as I pulled a chair from the dining room to sit in.

"Harry." she suddenly scolded again batting my hand off of the chair, "Go sit next to Leslie on the couch. She doesn't bite."

Leslie smiled a mischievous smile, "Yeah Harry come sit."

I reluctantly sat down, "You wrong mum. That's her secret she looks normal but she's a vampire.

Leslie suddenly elbowed me in the ribs as she gasped.

"Oh, Harry." My mom scoffed lightly before smiling and smacking my knee, "Don't antagonize the poor girl. I swear you get cheekier with age."

"A total ass is more like it," mumbled Les. My mother smiled warmly before chuckling, "Let me get us those glasses of tea."

"Can you be any more obnoxious?" Leslie gasped before shoving me on the shoulder,

"Yes, actually to ask your question. Stop being so uptight."

"I am not uptight." She defended and gave me a sharp scowl which switched into a bright smile when my mother walked back into the room.

"Anne, can I ask you what you think of Harry's music? I mean after all, some of the songs are suggestive. Do you know where he gets some inspiration?"

I glared at Les immediately, "You can stop now."

"What?" Les shrugged casually, "I just am asking questions."

My mother chuckled lightly, "To be honest Leslie I am not sure what goes on relationally with my son anymore. He hasn't brought anyone around here. I didn't even know he had gotten back in contact with you."
"Oh really." Leslie tilted her head curiously at me and smiled.

"So tell me have you been in London long?" My mother asked curiously, "Just here on vacation. Been here for a few days."

"Has Harry been showing you the sights?"

Leslie smiled politely, "Some yes."

"Oh do tell. Where have you taken her?"

I rubbed the back of my neck a bit nervously, "We went to the museum in Manchester yesterday."

"Oh, which one?"

"The one with the new live exhibit."

"Oh yes. I remember you telling me about that. I bet it was absolutely beautiful."