~Leslie~ (12)

I stood outside the airport turmoil that read Amsterdam. After the fight with Harry I immediately packed and left Sabrina tried inviting me to go on another tour with her but I didn't feel like it. I needed to get back into something familiar. Though my heart was crying to sing so many words of how I felt. My mind knew I needed to get back into my real work. I was offered to be apart of Frances Angel show this year so I took a flight out to Amsterdam where my friend Ava was currently doing a tour after the release of her knew album.
"Hey gorg." She called out to me smiling vibrantly as she pulled up in her silver Mercedes.
"Hi." I nodded lightly.
"Oh cheer up lover you are going to be alright things are back to normal now."
I nodded my head again as we made it to her hotel room.
"I have a surprise for you."
"What is it?"
"You haven't to promise not to overreact though okay?"
I raised a brow at her.
"You are singing in my show Friday night!"
"I'm sorry what?! Absolutely not!" I picked up my bags and headed back towards the front door.
"Oh Leslie come on and stop it now. You sing amazing! And the two new songs you just did are great and would fit well with my show tonight. It's just for fun. No pressures."
"How is singing on another stage full of thousands of people considered no pressure."
"Look you need to get out of this depression. You like to sing before that fucker came along and you still do now. It's just one show. And then you can go over to Paris and get set for your modeling but while you are staying with me we are going to have some fun!"
I rolled my eyes before shaking my head from side to side. My gaze went to the floor as the memories all flooded back in. My eyes began to water but I batted them away when I saw her anxious smile,
"You know I really hate you sometimes." I forced a laugh out and she gave me a tight hug.
"It's okay I know you love me."
_____________________________________
I gazed into my reflection in the mirror. The lace pink corset dress with white heels and knee length stockings. My hair, half up and half down, a large pink bow pinned in it. I felt like a cupcake or a Barbie doll.
Knots came in too my stomach and settled there like rocks. I can't do this. I wrote these songs on the flight over here but I wasn't ready to sing them. I looked at the few unread texts I had from Madison and Sabrina. I always distanced myself from people whenever I was really hurting. I know they had nothing to do with what happened but I needed a change of scenery and company. I am grateful they understood that. I began pacing the room when Ava walked in.
"Are you ready?"
"Absolutely not."
"Oh come on!"
"Ava I haven't practiced these songs anywhere let alone in a studio. I don't know what or how to sing them."
"Well we talked about some of the melodies remember those and just sing from your heart."
"That seems to be everyones answer." I rolled my eyes lightly."
"Thats what singing is though. Passion. Feelings. Connection." She shook my shoulders lightly.
"Now come on lets rock this place."
Ava sang seven songs before introducing me so I had plenty of anxiety swelled up inside of me by time I stepped out onto stage. I did my best to breathe and just do what she said. The first song was called Miss Americana.

You know I adore you, I'm crazier for you
Than I was at 16, lost in a film scene
(I shouldve known better than to start something so young.)

Waving homecoming queens, marching band playing
I'm lost in the lights
(He was going places and so was I)

American glory faded before me
Now I'm feeling hopeless, ripped up my prom dress
Running through rose thorns, I saw the scoreboard
And ran for my life (ah)
No cameras catch my pageant smile
I counted days, I counted miles
To see you there, to see you there

(The moment I thought we'd last forever.)

It's been a long time coming, but
It's you and me, that's my whole world
They whisper in the hallway, "She's a bad, bad girl" (okay)
The whole school is rolling fake dice
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes
(This business is just full of liars that get caught up in the fame)
It's you and me, there's nothing like this
Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince (okay)
We're so sad, we paint the town blue
Voted most likely to run away with you
(I would have followed him everywhere)
My team is losing, battered and bruising
I see the high fives between the bad guys
Leave with my head hung, you are the only one
Who seems to care
(Why care if I am with someone else when we aren't even together)
American stories burning before me
I'm feeling helpless, the damsels are depressed
Boys will be boys then, where are the wise men?