Off Track

Everyone sits down at the table. Lexi pulls out a map and spreads it out.

Lexi:We're close to the Onni mountains and after that, it'll take about 7 days to get to where the Doors of Death are located.

Loki:7?!
Sonya:That'll take forever!

Lexi:Do you kids wanna get there or not? That's just a rough estimate. We have no idea if we'll have any side tracks or shortcuts you kids might know of.

Wesley:We'll just have to do with 7 days for now.

Lexi:Good, now we have to think of ways to contact them so they'll know we'll be there in 7 days.

Marlen:What if they can't make it there in 7 days?

Lexi:Then they better start running marathons.

Sonya:So many if situations.

Lexi:I told you kids you can't expect anything to go as you'd hoped when hell is involved. For now, we just have to stick to the course.

In a dark place

???:Master the other kids are on their way to the Doors. What should we do?

???:Send out the monsters located around the mountains to cause a little trouble for their guests.

???:Understood.

Back on the boat

Lexi:Now has anyone read books about an item that can speak through worlds?

Wesley:Didn't even know that was something that could be made.

Marlen:Never heard of it.

Sonya:If only Sofia were here.

Loki:Yeah she'd definitely know about something like that.

Lexi:Great, now we'll have to go looking for one. There's a town over these mountains we'll land there and check their libraries. Hopefully, we'll find-

The entire ship rocks.

Sonya:What was that?!
The rocking happens again more intense than the first one.

Lexi:Get to the top deck NOW!

The crew dashed up to the top deck and looked over the edge just to see tiny green people jumping from the mountain to the ship with weapons.

Loki:Goblins?

Sonya sees one of them pull a piece of the ship off.

Sonya:They're destroying the ship!

Lexi:Oh no they're not! I spent half my earnings getting this thing!

Lexi runs up to the helm and turns it. This makes some of the goblins fall off the ship.

Wesley:That's not gonna be enough.

He watches as some of the goblins make a hole and go inside the ship.

Wesley:Loki and Sonya head down and deal with the ones that made it in.

Loki:Alright!

The two run off.

Wesley:We'll deal with the ones on the side of the ship Marlen.

Marlen:Got it. I got the left side.

Marlen runs to the other side of the ship and jumps off.

Wesley:Time to get to work.

The boy hops over the ledge and runs on the side of the ship. Frost particles appear in his hands and he throws them at a group of goblins trying to get into the ship. As soon as the particles hit them they turn into ice and fall. He makes a sword made out of ice and slashes through 5 monsters. A few of the goblins grab Wesley and throw him off the ship.