True Misery

In hell

Absaar was still leading them through hell. Sofia and CJ follow close behind. CJ pulls out a card with the scarf CJ gave him and sighs with relief.

Absaar:We're here. Stay close behind, she doesn't like randoms.

They continue to walk off as they get close to a temple. Everything starts to get darker which made the two even more nervous as they never would've expected hell could get darker than it already was. Lightning boy starts thinking about all the fun times he had with his friends before of course falling into the pits of hell. Sofia holds the boy's hand.

Sofia:Don't worry...we got this.

At the last glimpse of light CJ looks at her face and sees how beautiful she is.

Sofia:We're together...and nothing can stop us when we're together. We'll get through this just like all the other times.

CJ smirks as he notices how he was always the one who normally tried to keep everyone's spirits up, but here Sofia was reassuring him.

CJ:Of course. Peace of cake.

Sofia:And you know...

CJ:Know what?

Sofia:Next time we go on a date...let's try to go somewhere a lot more brighter.

CJ:Heard there was a nice restaurant over in Ame. I'm sure I can get Yelena to book us a spot.

Sofia manages a chuckle.

Sofia:I'd settle for a movie night in our living room. Anywhere really as long as you're there.

With that CJ couldn't help but think of how cool Sofia was. She was finally having true confidence in herself along with unlocking her funny bone.

CJ:*To self*We're gonna have a great future together when this is over.

Light shines once more revealing the temple.

Absaar:We're here and this is as far as I can take you.

Sofia:What?

Absaar:We aren't on that good of terms right now, so if she saw me she'd probably kill me.

CJ:So you're just gonna leave us?

Absaar:I don't wanna do that as much as you don't want it.

Sofia:If she want's a fight we can give her one.

Absaar:Trust me. You're not beating her. Now if you want to stay in hell be my guest, but this is the only way out.

CJ and Sofia walk past Absaar and open up the door.

Sofia:I'm sorry.

Absaar:Don't be. I don't deserve a second chance.

Sofia:Everyone...deserves a second chance.

CJ:It would've been fun to have you around.

The two kids walk into the temple and immediately the door closes.

Absaar:Thank you....and I'm the one who should be sorry.

Inside the temple as they were walking CJ notices Sofia quickly wiping away tears knowing how sad she must've felt that Absaar was staying behind. As they kept walking they come to a halt and their faces turn into despair. They see a woman who seemed to be a victim of famine. Her nose dripping, her eyes very dark and sunken, stringy gray hair, and large amounts of dust covering her very thin body. Her face had many blood marks that seemed to have been clawed and tears ran down her face. She had rags for clothes and her fingers were crooked and overgrown. CJ couldn't look her in the eyes so he slightly looked down.