15

Despite the hustle and bustle of the hospital, an eerie silence filled the air. There was a sense of unease, no one was talking, and laughing.
Even the nurses and doctors seemed to be walking on eggshells.

The sound heard of the thunderous pounding of rain on the roof, echoing through the halls of the hospital, was like a funeral march after the death of Jay and Jake.

Sohee was slumped in the hospital waiting room, her head bowed and her hands were tightly clenched in her lap.

"I guess it was an animal attack." Sohee glanced up at Yongbok while he was engaged in conversation with Scoups

"But the forest is inhabitable to any animal..." Scoups has an expression of irritation on his face as he was confused with this sudden attack.

"But that is the only explanation." Yongbok shook his head walking past Scoups.

Beomgyu sighed heavily as he glanced over to Sohee, who was intently watching the two doctors conversing with each other.

"What are you thinking about?" He leaned forward, his brow furrowed with worry as he studied her. She let out a shuddering breath, as if she was finally allowing herself to relax after a long period of tension.

"I may sound mean but..." Sohee looked at Beomgyu with her brow furrowed with concern. "You saw how horrible their dead bodies were looking right... it could've been me Beomgyu."

"That Namjoon vampire found me first and almost attacked me... If it wasn't for Yeonjun I could've died horribly in that forest." She sighs covering her face looking down.

"I feel grateful that my life was saved but I just can't help and feel guilty too!" Sohee mumbles.

Beomgyu pursed his lips patting her back.

"Sohee?" They both looked up hearing Scoups approaching and quickly stood up.

"Ye.. yes Dr. Scoups." Sohee and Beomgyu exchanged glances with each other, both of them surprised by the guilt on Scoups' face.

"You both should head back home, it doesn't look safe here... Meet me tomorrow morning." Scoups said and pursed his lips before looking at Sohee.

"If you feel guilty thinking Jay and Jake met with this unfortunate moment because of you, then don't Sohee." Sohee widened her eyes in surprise.

"You are a doctor Sohee, and as a doctor your first job is to attend those who are in front of us and you did that. And I should've never asked you to go into that dark forest at night... because it wasn't your job in the first place." Scoups sighed and looked at Beomgyu who was standing with shocked eyes, "Be careful both of you."

As Scoups departed, Sohee and Beomgyu exchanged a knowing glance, both quietly amused and shaking their heads.

"I never expected to see Dr. Scoups caring side in this life." Beomgyu said.

"I thought he didn't have any." Sohee shook her head saying.

•••

"Your soul is in pain Yeonjun, it's hurting and surrounded by hatred. You won't be able to focus if both your heart and soul are dead like this, especially if you are a soul vampire. You need love and fire in your determination." Yoongi explained.

Yeonjun gazed out the window of the kitchen, feeling the cool glass against his forehead as the rain droplets trickled down the pane. He closed his eyes, remembering the conversation he had earlier.

Yeonjun scoffs walking away from the window and closing the lights of the kitchen, "Well, I'm sure my heart is just overjoyed to never have been loved, while my soul is content to just be talked about."