32

Yeonjun gazed at the hospital, his eyes scanning the building as he clenched his fist tightly, his lips quivering in confusion as he contemplated whether to go inside or not.

"Are you just gonna stand here?" Yeonjun flinched as blinked at Soobin, walking outside the hospital, puckering his lips in anger.

"Sorry for... What you saw... in the forest..." He apologized letting out a deep breath and Soobin shook his head looking at him.

"It's okay, Sohee is safe and I am not angry at you." Yeonjun's eyes lit up as he heard Soobin.

"Really! Sohee is safe.. Nothing dangerous?" Yeonjun asked, unable to hold his excitement.

"Hmm, right now is unconscious because of heavy dosage." Soobin shares, folding his arms, "I know you want to see her... nobody's stopping you."

Yeonjun took a deep breath as looked back at the hospital.

•••

Soobin opened the door to the ward where Sohee lay and stepped aside to let Yeonjun enter. Yeonjun's breath caught in his throat as he swallowed nervously, and he took a deep breath before looking up.

"I'll come later since you are here..." Soobin closed the door as Yeonjun slowly walked in.

His gaze softened as he saw Sohee lying motionless on the bed, looking pale and weak with a bandage on her neck.

She lay there, her frail body covered with a white sheet, her breathing shallow and her face pale. The only sound in the room was the beeping of the machines monitoring her vital signs, but the most important part was that she was safe.

Yeonjun clenched his jaw as his eyes wandered, feeling a wave of relief.

"Thank you? Why?" Yeonjun asked in a soft, gentle breath.

"For saving my life." Sohee gazed into his eyes, her lips gently curling into a warm smile as she softly spoke the words.

Yeonjun's eyes melted hearing her. He was unable to speak or even look away, tears filled up his throat.

"I am standing here, because you saved me. Thank you so much." Sohee smiled brightly looking at Yeonjun.

Yeonjun pursed his lips as walked closer to Sohee's bed looking at her gently.

"You had dinner?" Sohee asked casually, serving for herself until realization hit her and she looked at Yeonjun who was already staring at her with raised eyebrows in surprise and amusement.

"Sorry! I mean blood!" Sohee gasped, covering her mouth.

.

"Yeah, but I hardly ever played. I was the..." Yeonjun took a deep breath feeling a little embarrassed.

"Hot and sturdy guy from the team who was busy with hot girls?" Sohee asked, blinking seriously, Yeonjun looked at her bursting into chuckles.

He thought back to the silly moments that brought a small smile to his lips, even when he thought all hope was lost. Yeonjun let out a gentle laugh as his eyes grew damp, and he moved closer to her.

"There is actually something but kind of stupid..." He hunched over the table, furrowing his brow as he traced his finger along the surface,