50

Few hours ago, in the forest

"Do you know the reason why it is so important for Sohee to sacrifice for your powers?" Kai asked, raising his head.

"Because by breaking the red string of soulmate connecting you both through her death, you will finally shed your human half and become a full-fledged vampire, devoid of any remaining weaknesses."

Yeonjun's eyebrows raised high as he heard Kai say, "A complete vampire..."

"You are not a mystical Minerva's creature with a mystical soulmate... you were a human with a human soulmate. The only thing holding you back from attaining full powers, strength of a soul vampire to fight against Taehyung, Namjoon and now Naera is you still being half human." Kai continued,
"Taehyung became a full vampire from being a paralyzed bedridden vampire the day he killed his human soulmate, Jimin."

"You just need your human self to die, once that shed off you will no longer be weak in any aspect... you can do that either with Sohee's sacrifice or..." Kai raised his hand holding the book, the life of undead showing it to Yeonjun,

"This book..." Yeonjun blinked, taken aback remembering Jin asked him to read that book.

"Phagos shows no preference for whose human life it absorbs, even if the individual is only half human.." Yeonjun let out a deep breath meeting Kai's gaze realizing what he meant.

Present time,

"What are you going to do!!" Taehyung roared, his breath fastening in anticipation.

Yeonjun's eyes fell on Sohee standing behind them, noticing the subtle furrow of her brow.

"I am going to make sure I do not lose someone I love again." He gripped the weapon tightly in his hands meeting Sohee's concerned gaze before looking back at Taehyung,

"And to make sure I have enough power to fight against Naera who will come after I kill you by my own hands." Yeonjun's jaw clenched even tighter as he let out a fierce roar, raising the weapon high and plunging the weapon deep into himself.

"NOO!" Sohee screamed as the weapon sunken deeper inside Yeonjun, blood oozing out with him falling on the ground.

"You've got to be kidding me," Taehyung scoffed, disbelief etched across his face as he stared at the scene before him.

Sohee bolted towards Yeonjun, her heart pounding with desperation. With quivering hands, she cradled him on her lap, "How can phagos... you are a vampire.. why are you not breathing..." Her fingers softly grazed his cheeks, his closed eyes and lifeless body breaking her heart in the cruelest way.

"He is fine..." Namjoon scoffed, Sohee sniffed looking at him, "He just killed his human self completely. Now he is a complete vampire."

Sohee blinked looking back at Yeonjun, her eyes widening in surprise as she witnessed the miraculous healing of his wound as the blood ceased to flow and the injury closed up before her eyes.
It was as if the phagos within his body had absorbed his human life and completed its purpose, fading away.

"Namjoon..." Taehyung whispered closer to Namjoon.

"You know what to do now Taehyung." Namjoon's eyes met his, "It's time for plan B." Taehyung nodded in silent understanding.

In a split second, Namjoon unleashed a sinister portal that materialized beside him, shrouded in an eerie darkness. Without hesitation, Taehyung leaped out of it before Sunghoon and Eunjae entered hell through their portal.

Sohee instinctively stepped back, feeling the flicker of his fingers, as Sunghoon rushed to check on Yeonjun.

"He's fine," Sunghoon sighed heavily with relief, looking at Sohee.