28

"Operation successful." Scoups said as wiped his sweat from the forehead making sure the surgery inside the chest cavity was done properly.

Sohee smiled nervously as gripped her fist tightly on assisting another surgery successfully.

"Sohee, you can stitch him right?" Scoups asked, looking at Sohee.

"Yes Dr. Scoups, don't worry." Sohee said, smiling through her eyes and nodded.

Nurse Mina, Yongbok smiled looking at the excited Sohee.

"Our Sohee has improved huh!" Yongbok said, raising his eyebrows impressed.

Sohee's hands moved with precision as she carefully stitched the organ, her eyes never leaving the work. Scoups couldn't help but chuckle at her delicateness, and his amusement was mirrored by Yongbok who looked at him with a proud smile.

"You nourished a future gem surgeon, Scoups." Mina said as helped Sohee give the tray.

"See Sohee, my colleagues are praising me and you..." Scoups scoffed as they glared at Sohee.

"Don't disturb me Dr. Scoups, I am busy." Yongbok and Mina burst into a tiny chuckle as Sohee said.

"Why did I even expect, well Mina help Sohee if she needs... I'll be heading home." Scoups said walking away from the operation table.

"Is everything okay? You are going home early..." Yongbok asked concernedly.

"Don't worry, my wife is just a little sick." Sohee's eyes widened as she tried to not get distracted.

"You have a wife!" Sohee asked, closing the first layer.

"Don't get disturbed Sohee, you are busy." Scoups said scoffing as left.

Sohee pouted as looked at Yongbok.

"He's been married for 4 years, they have a son too." Yongbok said and Sohee nodded, her eyebrows touching to top.

"Is she someone from the medical field?" Sohee asked, returning back to stitch.

"Nope, she is the mayor of Minosan. Kim Jennie." Yongbok said and Sohee looked at him, surprised to her core.

•••

Next morning,
Mayor's Office

Yoongi waited outside the office of Sana, secretary of Jennie as her health was down.

"You can go in." One assistant came and said to Yoongi.

"Okay." Yoongi stood up and took a deep breath before walking towards Sana's office.
He wanted to meet with the mayor to discuss how to prioritize Minosan's safety in light of the recent attacks occurring in the area. As a member of the Minosan health committee, he has the right to be involved.

"Ms. Sana, I wanted to..." Yoongi's breath as if left his lungs, his feet pinned to the ground as he saw Namjoon sitting in front of Sana, turning around the chair to face him with an evident smirk.

"Come in Dr. Yoongi." Sana said smiling, oblivious of Namjoon's true identity.

"Yes, Dr. Yoongi." Namjoon raised his eyebrows cockily, well aware of the shock Yoongi must have gotten in.

"Who is this Sana..." Yoongi asked, swallowing down his throat harshly.

"Oh he is Mr. Kim Namjoon, he is Jennie's friend and a strategist from Dunsan province. I asked for him so that he can help to provide us with strategy given the attacks taking place." Sana explains.