46

1000 years ago,

Jin's eyes softened as he looked at the woman in front of him, wearing a hanbok and avoiding any eye contact with him.

"You are not even looking at me..." Jin said taking in a deep breath

"Because if I will... it'll be hard for me to leave you." Sora said sniffing and wiping her tears

"Sora..."

"Jin.. because of the war in your Minerva.. My home, my Minosan, is destroyed! I LOST MY FAMILY! AND EVEN THAT MINERVA YOU CREATED WITH SO MUCH LOVE IS DESTROYED... you yourself did it by cursing even the leftover species, letting innocent people die in the name of sacrifice and living with you will only bring that destruction to me and my son." Sora clenched her jaw looking down,
"You let Sunghoon's love die, let Naera perform the sacrifice when you could've stopped it. Would you have sacrificed me too?" She asked, biting her lips, holding herself from breaking into tears.

"Those things were necessary..."

"How do you even love with this heart?" Sora spits in disgust.

Jin's eyes flickered down, closing his fist in agony.

"If you actually love me..." Sora took a deep breath as looked at Jin, "Then promise me that none of my blood... Junho, his children, their children, anyone of my lineage will die an untimely death that means before their old age and live their life."

Jin looked at her in shock but Sora had already turned her back to him.

"I can never forget you, it's the only thing you can do for me right now. Promise me, if this god ever loves me... otherwise I'll take it as your way of passing time."

With that said Sora left, disappeared from Jin's eyes that were on the verge of breaking down.

•••

Mr. Bean's Cafe,

"Thank you for coming." Kai bowed to the customer leaving out of the cafe happily and turned around at his new barista.

"Is everything going okay?" Kai asked, smiling.

"Yess." Yeonjun smiled looking at him from his coffee machine, wearing a mud brown apron over his black shirt with folded sleeves flexing his muscles.

"There are a lot of customers today." Kai chuckled while looking around.

"Here is the espresso." Yeonjun served the drink on the plate which the waiter took away.

"Thank you for letting me work here... despite knowing I am a vampire..." Yeonjun chuckled awkwardly looking at Kai.

"Even though you are, you are not a bad person.. I trust you." Kai nodded to him, smiling brightly.

"SOHEE!!!"

Suddenly, Yeonjun heard Sohee's name being called out, as if the sound of her voice echoed through his mind, sending chills down his spine.

"Ahh.. Kai I'll be back..." He anxiously removed the apron from himself and hurriedly made his way out of the cafe.

Kai let out a deep breath watching Yeonjun leave and closed his eyes praying.

"God please keep her safe."

•••

Jihyo's eyebrows frowned as she checked Sohee's pulses who was lying on the bed completely unconscious.