62

Taehyung's eyes snapped open, completely white, devoid of any iris or pupils surprising both Jihyo and Sunghoon. But before any of them could react, Taehyung grabbed the sword lying next to him, slashing it across Sunghoon's chest.

Blood splashed across the barren ground as Sunghoon fell on his back, his eyes widened in shock and agony as the metallic taste of blood filled his mouth.

Each breath became a struggle as the silver of the sword settled through his veins, leaving him weak and helpless.

Taehyung's chest heaved in rage, his disheveled hair falling over his now darkened and menacing eyes. Jihyo flinched at the chilling sight.

"I will end this once and for all!" Taehyung's growl echoed through the forest, the thunder crackling with his ominous declaration.

Clutching the sword tightly, Taehyung marched deeper into the shadows of the trees, his determination palpable in every step.

Jihyo blinked in horror as his words slipped in her mind but seeing Sunghoon struggling for breath she rushed to him, pressing her palm over his chest.

"He attacked you with a sword Naera made... it'll be hard to heal but I will try..." Jihyo's voice wavered as she bit down on her lips,

Sunghoon groaned, his features contorted in agony as he squinted, his breaths shallow with pain. "I don't want to get healed... leave me." He rasped out, his words heavy with remorse.

Jihyo's gaze snapped to him, disbelief written across her face before she rolled her eyes. "Trust me I want to! But too bad I am a healer... I can't let someone dying leave. And if something happens to you, your Eunjae, Yeonjun will burn me to death."

"I have nothing left to live for... let me be in my condition please." Jihyo swore she could just scratch Sunghoon's eyes as he groaned in pain. "Jus.. just tell Eunjae that no matter who she chose, I'll always love her."

"YAH! YOU ARE ONE OF THE STRONGEST VAMPIRE WHO WON'T DIE WITH THIS WOUND JUST WILL BE WEAKENED! STOP BEING DRAMATIC WILL YOU! And I will let lady Naera kill you, but for now just shhh!" Jihyo shouted, focusing her mind again.

A flicker of realization crossed Sunghoon's expression amidst his pain. "If Taehyung is back... that means Naera is gone," he managed to say.

Jihyo's movements stilled, in realization She was left alone once again, with both Naera and Namjoon taken from her.

Sunghoon saw the pain settling within Jihyo's eyes which she quickly flickered away and licked her lips focusing back on healing Sunghoon.

Yeonjun's steps quickened as he approached the site where Taehyung's body had been found.

His brows were already furrowed in frustration and suddenly his steps faltered at the sight of Jihyo desperately trying to attend to a gravely wounded Sunghoon.

"What happened!" Yeonjun's voice rang out with concern as he rushed towards Sunghoon, who struggled to draw breath, a deep sword wound staining his chest.

"Taehyung... he somehow regained consciousness. He used Sunghoon's sword against him." Jihyo explained, her voice tinged with worry.

"How did... will he be alright?" Yeonjun's eyes brimmed with emotion as he gazed at Sunghoon's injured form, his concern evident.

"I'll heal him, Yeonjun. But you need to go and stop Taehyung!" Jihyo urged urgently.

With a determined nod, Yeonjun tore his gaze away from Sunghoon, giving him one last glance, and rushed back.

•••

Eunjae sat in the hybrid room beside Soobin, her gaze fixed on the window as flashes of lightning illuminated the darkened sky.