17

In a dark club,

The old man opened the bottle of soju and began to sip it slowly as he told his story. “And then her daughter in law left dragging her daughter out of their house…” As he spoke, he kept drinking until he had finished the entire bottle.

The man sitting before the old man had a peculiar glint in his eye, and his lips were curved in a sly, almost sinister smile. He seemed to be studying the old man intently, as if he was trying to read his thoughts.

"What about the old lady? Sora right?” Old man scoffed looking up at the man he just found in the bar, and began the conversation. 

“She was already a unique human, she died after 3 years. His son and daughter in law shifted to Seoul with their kids.” He looked up, squinting his eyes as counted on his fingers, “In 2006, she was 93 years old, and lived her life fully just like her ancestors.” 

“Her ancestors. The Minerva Choi clan, I’ve heard how the lord has granted them the boon of living so long.” Namjoon smirked, drinking down the full glass. 

“I am 65, feel like dying every day but that Choi family, every one there always dies after turning 90… lucky or healthy or this boon.” The old man coughed and scoffed.

Namjoon shook his head smiling evilly, “Maybe they are god’s favorites.” He raised his glass and the old man laughed, nodding.

“Now when you mention, they are definitely god favorites… Sora’s grandmother Soha lived till she was 99, and their ancestors were heavily rich too. Everyone in Minosan knows how they were protected from every disease, every health problem since Joseon times.” Old man looked at Namjoon who was listening, “You know I heard this from Beomgyu’s parents…” He leaned in to share with Namjoon who raised his eyebrows curiously.

“The granddaughter, Sohee… She had an accident in Seoul about a week ago and her heartbeat stopped, she almost died but then suddenly she regained consciousness out of nowhere.” 

Namjoon's eyes lit up with anticipation as a sly grin slowly spread across his face, as if he knew something that the rest didn't. “Oh really?” 

“Yeah, as you said the god must have showered his greatness on her.” Old man laughed hysterically, chewing the snacks on the table.

“That Choi clan of Minerva… I heard it was started by a female… Do you have any idea?” Namjoon asked, leaning back on his chair.

“Boy, you have a deep interest in this Choi family…” The old man scoffed looking at Namjoon who raised his eyes looking in his eyes.

“I do.” The old man’s facial expressions hardened as he made contact with Namjoon’s eyes.

“Yeah, it was started by Choi Sora I, 1000 years ago… the man she married and had her first son was never known to anyone.” The old man shared and Namjoon finished the drink and scoffed smirking.

“Thank you sir.” Namjoon got up, confusing the old man.

Namjoon smirked, leaving the day bar satisfied with his meeting.

“I guess I know who the unknown man was, Lord Jin.”

•••

“What do you mean?” Sunghoon  flinched seeing Yeonjun at the door confused.

“Yeonjun…” Sunghoon slowly stood up from the bed, taking a deep breath as he did so. Yeonjun watched him with a concerned expression, before turning to close the door quietly.

He put the clothes he had brought with him on the chair near, before turning back to Sunghoon with an inquiring look.

“What do you mean by what happened with you and Eunjae shouldn’t happen with me and Sohee? Who is Eunjae and how is Sohee involved?” Yeonjun sighed, knitting his eyebrows in confusion.