27

Thousand years ago,

Leader Namjoon walked around his fort in frustration, the blade of his sword dripping with the blood of vanquished vampires. His gaze was imperious and arrogance emanated from his very being, radiating a power that could cow any creature into submission.

He raised his eyes, hearing the footsteps of his soulmate, the powerful soul vampire, Naera.

"Another death, Namjoon." Naera's strong, melodious voice reverberated throughout the fort, echoing off the stone walls, surrounded by the magnificent art she had created.

"Don't say like you never trap someone's souls in your painting, Naera." Namjoon spun around and was met with the fierce gaze of Naera, her chin held high and her eyes burning with intensity.

"I have to do it, to protect you! To protect you from the dangerous creatures out there who are on their hunt to kill you to take revenge for their close ones death!" Naera clenched her fist as stared at Namjoon who scoffed looking away.

"Do you not trust me Naera?" Namjoon asked, poking his tongue, feeling bitter by Naera's behavior.

"I trust you more than my life. It's Lord Jin who I don't trust... if he can create this abundant forest then he can finish it off with a snap too..." Naera breathed heavily and Namjoon looked at her, his eyes softening as he walked towards her.

"Did he say something?" Namjoon asked, frowning his brows.

"So it will matter if he says something, not me?" Naera said, her eyes burning with tears and pain as she looked at Namjoon.

"Naera..." Namjoon held her hand as pursed his lips before looking at her. "What happened?"

"I just want you to win, to give you ultimate protection and power more than anyone." Namjoon looked at Naera in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I am the only soul vampire to exist, being one I know the power of soul and soulmates. If you kill the soulmate of someone, not only their powers will penetrate inside you but their partner's half energy will be surrendered to you." Naera said and Namjoon raised his brows.

"Naera... where are you going with all this..." Namjoon felt his breath stuck in his throat as he felt Sunghoon's arrival towards the fort with Eunjae.

"I am your soulmate, kill me before anyone else can and all my powers will penetrate inside you. With your power already inside you, and my powers soul... you'll be undefeatable." Naera said and Namjoon stepped back in complete shock.

"I am not going to do that! I am already the strongest and I can just kill the soulmates of the strong creatures lurking outside... I don't want to lose you." Namjoon said frustratedly.

"None of that power matches mine Namjoon! You can kill them but no one could even touch you with my powers combined with yours." Naera said, making him look at her, "Even lord Jin won't be able to kill you... because it's my sacrifice."

Namjoon blinked away the tear formed up in his eyes as couldn't look in Naera's eyes.

"Let me do it, a sacrifice by the soulmate is stronger than a murder... before Sunghoon kills me and takes my powers... you kill me Namjoon." Naera said, smiling lightly.

"If you will kill me, it will not even hurt." Tears rolled down Namjoon's eyes as Naera brought his other hand holding the sword near her.

"I can't do it..." Namjoon shook his head as his hands shivered around the sword. Naera surrounded her fingers around his, gripping his hold.

"The more pain there is in the sacrifice, the more strength you'll get." With a loud shriek, Naera willingly thrust the sword inside her stomach as a sacrifice.