66

The next morning in the hospital staff room,

"Here's to our former resident and soon-to-be certified surgeons!" Scoups clapped proudly for his juniors.

"Ahh can't believe someone from our hospital is going to Asan Medical Center." Yoongi chimed in, impressed himself.

"Thank you, Dr. Scoups, Dr. Yoongi..." Sohee bowed politely, glancing at Hyunjin and Beomgyu who nodded in agreement.

"If not for mentors like you, we would never have been nurtured too." Beomgyu added gratefully.

Yoongi exchanged a glance with Scoups, who chuckled in response.

"We are really proud of you!" Scoups said, his tone filled with genuine pride as he looked at each of them.

Sohee timidly met Scoup's gaze, a wide smile spreading across her face.

"I was lucky to be your mentor, Sohee. Thank you for keeping my belief in you!" he said sincerely.

"Thank you for not showing your back to me and believing in me, Dr. Scoups." she replied warmly.

"Don't forget us after going back to Seoul." Yoongi teases nudging Beomgyu,
"Obviously I won't!" Beomgyu winked giggling along.

•••

"So Seoul... it's even a different city than Minosan?" Sunghoon asked innocently, his eyes wide with curiosity as he glanced at Yeonjun.

They were sitting with Taehyun in the cafe.

"It's a completely different world. It really hurts that you're not coming with us!" Taehyun lamented, looking at Sunghoon with a pout.

"I want to, but these four vampires need me... Plus, I have the eternity to wander around and learn many things..." Sunghoon sighed, his expression somber.

"Ahh right... The curse..." Taehyun muttered, his lips forming a thin line as he glanced at Yeonjun.

"Don't worry, Yeonjun. Sohee and I will make sure the curse is lifted." Sunghoon reassured, placing a comforting hand on Yeonjun's shoulder.

"The only way is to sacrifice or use vampirixir, and both require me to lose either Sohee or you, and I don't want either." Yeonjun muttered, frustration evident in his voice.

Taehyun raised an eyebrow, taking a sip of his tea as he contemplated Yeonjun's words.

"Actually, Sohee found something apart from that... but she isn't telling." Sunghoon revealed, his gaze shifting to Yeonjun's surprised expression.

"What do you mean?" Yeonjun asked, his curiosity piqued.

"She and I met Lord Jin last night, but then he made me leave... She surely got to know something, but said it won't work." Sunghoon explained, his tone tinged with uncertainty.

"Girl got secrets..." Taehyun whispered, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he bit his lip, his gaze fixed on Yeonjun who blinked confused.

"Maybe if you ask she'll tell or who knows..."

•••

Sohee placed her suitcase on her bed, opening it casually but flinching as suddenly someone tapped her shoulders.

"Hello Sohee!" She gasped, taking in a deep breath upon seeing Jin grinning at her.