44

Yeonjun and Sohee finally reached her house, their hands naturally entwined, sharing gentle, warm smiles that lit up their faces with pure joy.

"You go and rest, I'll come later." Yeonjun breathed out as looked at Sohee.

"Why... where are you going late at night..." Sohee asked, a little concerned.

"Don't worry..." He smiled, pecking her forehead.

Sohee pursed lips letting out a deep breath and nodded.

"Good night..." She leaned in, her voice a soft whisper, and glanced at him. He chuckled, tenderly caressing her cheeks.

"Good night... My love..." He whispered, his cheeks flushing with shyness.

Sohee giggled, her hand flying to cover her mouth before she planted a light kiss on his cheek, surprising him, before darting inside the house.

Yeonjun's fingertips grazed the spot where she had just kissed him, a soft laugh escaping his lips as he closed his eyes and turned around.

"Ah! Ahhh!" Sohee almost choked on her breath as she caught sight of Hana waiting for her. The butterflies in her stomach were swiftly replaced by nervousness upon encountering her mother's stern gaze.

Hana didn't say anything as slowly got up from her sofa and walked towards Sohee who was holding onto her dear life.

"Go and wash up, I'll heat up your dinner." Hana plainly diverted her route from Sohee to the kitchen.

Sohee blinked in shock as looked at her mother.

"You're not going to scold me?" Sohee asked with wide eyes.

Meanwhile Soobin emerged from his room, drawn by the commotion, and glanced at Sohee with a puzzled expression as she shrugged her shoulders.

"I've cooked yours and Soobin's favorite, Kimchi Fried Rice." Announced Hana, causing both siblings' eyes to nearly pop out.

"Mom, did you hit your head somewhere?" Soobin asked, swallowing nervously.

"Yeah, Mom, we can take you to Dr. Naera to check..." Hana turned around, silencing them with her serious gaze, her heart melting at the sight of her children.

"Will you two just come and eat!" she said firmly, and both of them sprinted towards the dining table.

"Did you wash your hands?" Soobin asked, blocking Sohee's way.

"Fine!" Sohee scoffed as she walked past him.

"Where are your manners, Choi Sohee?" Soobin rolled his eyes and poked her back.

"I'll fry you, Choi Soobin," Sohee retorted, raising her hands, almost hitting him.

Hana chuckled softly as she looked at both of them and served the food on the table.

As Sohee and Soobin were making their way back to the table, suddenly Sohee felt her head spin and her vision blur. She lost her balance and fainted, collapsing to the ground.

"Sohee!" Soobin cried out, swiftly catching her as she fell, unconscious. Hana's heart nearly stopped at the sight of her daughter.

"What happened to her?" Hana shouted, gently patting Sohee's cheeks, feeling a wave of panic as her daughter grew visibly pale.

"I'll call Dr. Yoongi!" Soobin rushed to grab his phone, while Hana cradled Sohee's head in her lap, on the verge of tears.

"You never know which hug, which conversation can be your last one..."