20

"You shall meet the pure soul of Park Micha." Hoseok vanishes after announcing.

Instead of the dark void he had been in before, Yeonjun now found himself in an environment filled with light. Above him was a bright sky, and he could feel a positive energy radiating around him. He felt uneasy with the sudden change, but could not deny the comfort it brought him.

"Yeonjun." His breath stopped as he heard the voice he was dreading to hear, his eyes softening with tears. He clenched his fists, unable to find any words to say.

"Is it actually you Micha..." Words left his mouth in a whisper as he turned around, relieving himself as he saw Micha standing there with her positive smile, wearing her normal doctor's white coat and stethoscope hanging around.

"Yes, it is me, your best friend, your Micha." Micha chuckles weakly as a drop of tear escapes her eyes seeing Yeonjun in front of her.

Yeonjun's eyes widened as he couldn't believe the sight before him. Micha, the one who had given him so much joy, was standing right there in front of him. He had lost all hope of ever seeing her again, yet here she was.

"I am sorry..." His voice was barely audible as his tears streamed down his face, the heavy feeling of guilt and regret welling up within him.

"You are seeing me after so long, maybe for the last time too and wasting it in saying sorry?" Micha said, her own lips quivering as she could feel his pain.

"I feel... I want..." Yeonjun felt a lump in his throat as he struggled to hold back the tears, "I couldn't do anything to protect you Micha... even if I had known... what the hell could I've done... and thinking about that makes me..." He took a shuddering breath as looked back at Micha.

"No one can escape death Yeonjun, if not now then later and mine was written that way... I accepted it because I can't do anything now..." Micha gently said and Yeonjun nodded, scrunching his nose in irritation.

"If I knew that you were going to..." He gulped as the words were too painful for him to continue, "...to die...I would've-"

"You couldn't have stopped it, it was my fate." Micha interrupted him and he looked at her, his glistened eyes reflecting his undying love, shaking his head slowly as he stepped up towards her.

"I would've told you, that I loved you Micha." Yeonjun said those words, expressing his true feelings that he had always tried to hide and now even though it was too late to confess it felt like the right time. "Instead of letting you waste those last few days, I would've let you enjoy all of it... with me." Micha chuckles softly wiping her tears and looks back at him.

"You are such a pure soul Yeonjun, but..."

"But." Yeonjun laughed to himself looking up sarcastically.

"Hey, it's okay... because you deserve someone who could show you how it is to be loved, and trust me you'll find one." Micha said. "Thank you for being my best friend Yeonjun."

"Thank you for being there with me Micha..." Yeonjun whispered, realizing the time is going to get over and Micha smiled, wiping his tears.

"Don't live in regret anymore, and always remember that you are worthy of love too." With that said, Micha vanishes in the air leaving Yeonjun alone yet again.

He stood there, shuddering, as pain tore through his chest. In the place of his heart was an empty void.

Yeonjun gasped as opened his eyes with a thud, finding his eyelashes dampened.

"Hey, you okay?" Yoongi, who was walking around quickly, ran towards Yeonjun, finding him breathing heavily.

Yeonjun wiped his face as tried to control his breath getting out of control and looked at Yoongi with a soft yet sad smile.