24

Jihyo adjusted her coat as looked at the patient's file and skipped her hard stare at Sohee standing obediently in front.

"I never allowed you to get near any patient... but right now we don't have any option so let's ignore your fear Sohee." Jihyo said, voice filled with seriousness and Sohee nodded clenching her fist tightly.

"Go and set things up, I'll come after his guardian signs the consent." Jihyo ordered and left.

Sohee closed her eyes as different kinds of emotions built up inside her, she pressed her forehead as the patient's life, Jimin's unfortunate death, her own fear of blood, Dr. Jihyo, Scoups pressure everything rounded up in her mind.

"Sohee..." Beomgyu came sneakily checking around and Sohee sighed looking at him with weakened eyes.

"Yes."

"Yeonjun is outside, he wants to meet you." Sohee looked at Beomgyu confused.

"Why... is he angry? Did Taehyun spilled I asked him to take those vampires as model? Will he shout at me?" Sohee asked, blinking in worry.

Beomgyu chuckled weakly as shook his head.

"No, he doesn't know anything and I don't know why but go quickly he said it's urgent." Beomgyu said and Sohee nodded softly, walking hurriedly.

Yeonjun was standing under the shed, squinting his eyes as gazed at the sun waiting for Sohee.

"Micha, don't you ever get scared of blood or the real organs while operating?" Yeonjun asked, putting on a disgusted face as saw one of Micha's operating videos.

Micha chuckled, closing the device and looking at Yeonjun, "At first I do but then it becomes a habit."

"I have heard many surgeons faint... how did you overcome that?" Yeonjun asked, sipping his coffee.

"It is because they are just newbies but sometimes it's all rooted in our subconscious mind. We may have the fear of opening up a patient or blood or holding a scalpel but those things affect us the most because we have told ourselves that, and therefore it itself becomes hard to overcome it."

Yeonjun sighed and saw Sohee rushing out of the center.

"Yeonjun! What happened?" Sohee asked, looking around.

Yeonjun flickered, looked in her direction and walked towards her.

"Sohee, can you look in my eyes..." Sohee blinked, frozen at her spot as he said. Her heart suddenly racing for different reason in the whole day. She slowly raised her eyes to meet his. He was looking at her with such intensity that she felt like he could see into her soul.

"Are you hypnotizing me...?" Sohee asked as looked into his eyes.

Yeonjun's eyes were like, filled with a mysterious emotion that Sohee couldn't quite place. His gaze was intense, and Sohee felt like she was being pulled in, unable to look away.

"I am not trying to erase any memory from your mind, not hypnotizing, just wanted to assure you that you can do the operation." Sohee's eyes softened at his words but she couldn't hide the fear building within her.

"I really want to Yeonjun but I am just afraid... what if I become stiff like last night... unable to do anything while the person before me is dying..." Sohee's voice shivered as she said and Yeonjun smiled lightly, holding her hands gently.

"You couldn't have done anything last night Sohee, because it wasn't your place to do anything but today it is and you have the required ability to save the patient. Don't let Jimin's death in your mind mess with today's operation." Sohee let out a deep breath as she unknowingly gripped on Yeonjun's hands, his gaze dropped as he felt her fingers tightly wrapped around his.