19

GET WELL SOON HOSPITAL

OPERATION THEATRE

Sohee was a natural at operating; her hands moved with precision and grace as she delicately sewed the surgical thread. Scoups stood just behind her, watching her work with admiration and couldn't help but nod in approval, impressed with her careful technique.

"Done!" Sohee said with a contented smile as put down the tools and looked back at Scoups who chuckled looking at the timer.

"Your suturing speed is amazing Sohee!" Sohee pursed her lips holding back the wide grin forming up being praised by Scoups.

"Thank you..."

"It's really just your fear of blood..." Scoups said looking at Sohee who got up facing him.

"Yeah... my mind gets blurred whenever I see blood but I know technique and way to be used, when to do what and everything..." Sohee bowed her head down, a little excited smile playing on her lips.

"There are two ways you can overcome your fear." Scoups sighed as crossed his arms staring at Sohee who blinked curiously raising her head at him.

"Either I throw you in a pool of blood..." Sohee's eyes widened as she gulped hearing him.

"Orrrr?"

"Or you are gonna stitch up a patient right now." Scoups adjusted his coat as turned around to walk out of the door.

"WHAT?" Sohee froze at her spot staring at the leaving figure.

•••

"Necromancy." Yoongi and Yeonjun stood together under the shade of a large tree at the edge of the beach.

The sun shone brightly overhead, but the tree's shelter gave them a peaceful respite from the heat. Yoongi's hands were clasped behind him, and Yeonjun stood close beside him.

"What is this?" Yeonjun asked knitting his eyebrows.

"Communicating with the dead."

"WHAT?" Yeonjun froze at his spot, his eyes widening in surprise.

Yoongi chuckles, turning his head towards Yeonjun already expecting such a reaction.

"Soul Vampire you are, and even a normal vampire can communicate with the dead because you yourself are dead and returned from the world of dead... but you having the benefit of being a soul vampire can strongly communicate with the dead." Yoongi explains, Yeonjun's head nodding slowly as his eyebrows continued to be knitted.

"And how can I do this... and why till now I didn't..."

"Because you didn't know how to do so." Yoongi's eyebrows rose as his gaze shifted from Yeonjun to the bench behind him. "Let's go and sit over there... I'll tell you how to do so."

"First you need to relax your body." Yoongi said, his voice floating away in the salty air, and Yeonjun took a deep breath, feeling his tense muscles relax.

"Close your eyes and focus your mind." Yeonjun's eyes fluttered closed, his chest slowly heaving up and down breathing.

"Remember you are a soul vampire. A soul vampire. You can communicate with any soul... good and bad." Yoongi licked his lips as continued.

"The world of the dead is a dark place...maybe you fail seeing any soul but it is okay... it is your first time."

"Is there a specific soul in the dead world I need to meet..." Yeonjun asked, eyes closed and voice buzzing out as he felt energy radiating within himself.