8) I'm not sure if I'll make it tonight

Matt

I've been making sure that my boyfriend eats three solid meals a day and drinks plenty of water when he is out of tour rehearsals. I even send him memes of animals drinking water when I am on set and he's in the studio. I'm doing everything I can to make sure that he's healthy for this mini-tour.

When he announced that he didn't eat breakfast at the appointment, that's when my boyfriend instincts kicked in. This is serious and if Josh faints on stage, it's not gonna be a pretty sight in the media.

It's late October now and he's about two and a half months along. He isn't showing much yet. Mainly because he wears my hoodies and flannels everywhere. We have been really cautious about going to the pharmacy or doctor too. Thankfully, our next appointment isn't for the next few weeks so that old picture can blow over on Twitter over time.

It's been rough. I have a lot of late-night shoots on set of "Begin Again". He has a lot of studio time or tour rehearsal time.

I try to be there most of the time for him though.

I also try to get him off of TikTok and Twitter. The incident that happened at our first doctor's appointment spiraled and now everyone thinks Josh is admitted to the hospital again.

I don't let him read those tweets though.

I make him read the nice one from real fans.

"Stop crossing your legs, Josh. You just went to the bathroom. Why are you so anxious about the gender reveal? I thought that you weren't excited for the baby." I place my hand on top of his while sitting on our couch together

"Because I told my sisters and now they are making bets on if it's a girl or boy. They are so hung up on the idea that there's gonna be more Bassett girls in the family than boys. This is what happens when you have all-girl siblings..." Josh says while he lifts up his oversized American Eagle shirt to reveal his bump that's still so small.

"Oh. Have you told your mom or manager yet?" I unwrap my hand from around his waist and sit up.

"I told my manager that I had to get my blood drawn...I haven't told my parents yet. I'm too scared to." I listen to Josh admit as I lean back on the couch and rub his back to comfort him.

"Josh....what did we talk about before?" I look at his eyes while holding his hand.

"That I would go with you to tell Manda. I know I'm sorry. I chickened out and told her it was just an annual appointment." Josh looks at me with pity in his eyes.

Before I can respond, I hear his phone ring on the table and see the area code of his doctor's office pop up on the screen.

"Hi, This is Nancy calling from Los Angeles Medical. Is this Joshua Bassett I am speaking to?" We hear over the phone as Josh puts it on speakerphone.

"Yes. Yeah. That's me." I rub Josh's back as he places his phone on his lap for us to listen.

"Congratulations! You are having a baby boy. I have included the test results in your email along with prescriptions for a refill of prenatal vitamins and instructions from Dr. Hen. Do you have any questions or concerns about yourself or the baby?" I hear the nurse say enthusiastically and have to stop myself from screaming on the phone since Josh needs to finish the call.

"Um yeah, just one, am I at risk of losing the baby?" I watch Josh's facial expression change to a very sad one and sit up so I can cuddle him after the call is over.

I didn't know that he was thinking about this.

I thought that we said we weren't gonna talk about miscarriages or abortions.