9) My father told me not to cry in front of my mom

Joshua

Matt and I posted the pregnancy anouncement on our socials last night. We turned off our phones and deleted our socials too. He put on some random movie on Netflix after our friends left and I broke down in his arms feeling a sense of relief and anxiety.

I haven't called my parents, manager, or band, about the pregnancy yet.

That's all planned to happen today.

If Matt and I get out of bed that is.

"Morning love. No morning sickness?" I undid myself out of Matt's arms and glanced at my phone on the nightstand.

I need to call my mom.

"Hopefully not this morning." I mumble while heading to the bathroom to freshen up and splash water on my face.

When I'm finished in the bathroom, I let Matt take his turn while I go to his side of the closet to choose my outfit.

I really need to get new baggier clothes.

"Joshhhhh, you keep stealing my hoodies. You have plenty of them." I feel strong arms wrap around my waist while I dig through his pile for my favorite hoodie which is a purple one from Feat.

"Yours are bigger and baggier." I simply say while grabbing a pair of boxers from my side of the closet.

"For the millionth time, you are not fat. You are pregnant." I feel him place a kiss on my cheek as I pull off my clothes to change.

He's seen me change on set and we've had sex before.

Nothing he hasn't seen before.

"I love you little Joshy." I manage to get my boxers and sweats on before he kisses my belly which looks chubby.

"How do you know that it's gonna be a mini-me? What if the baby looks like you? Julia is gonna tease you for the rest of your life it's a baby Matt. Liamini is gonna buy him matching E.J Caswell outfits. Dara is gonna knit him a dozen pieces of clothing. She already asked me what my favorite animal prints were." I smile a bit since it tickles when he touches my belly.

I'm excited that it's a baby boy.

Now, I get to prove my sisters wrong with the Bassett gene.

"I have a feeling he's gonna have curls when he's born." I listen to Matt while glancing at my phone since my dad always says that I don't call my mom enough.

"Could I use your phone to call my mom? I'm too scared to turn mine on in case Manda cut me from the label and mini tour." I stand there in his arms while pulling a plain white shirt and his hoodie over my head.

"I have an even better idea. Why don't we go visit your parents?" I cuddle into his arms since it hurts too much to watch him leave for our half kitchen.

"Wait, do you have to go to the movie set?" I pout a bit since he's prioritized time with me over work.

"Not till 7 pm. Night shoots are the worst but at least I got to spend more time with my two favorite boys." I felt him wrap his arms around my waist as I unlocked his cell phone and dialed my mom's number on Facetime.

"A road trip it is. I hope that I don't have morning sickness or car sickness. My old house is only 2 and a half hours away with L.A traffic," I leave out the fact that I have tour rehearsals today and lean into his arms.

After a healthy breakfast, Matt and I get in the car. Of course, I have control of the aux. I put on my Micheal Jackson playlist and let him drive.

During our pit stop and bathroom break, I finally turned my phone on and immediately muted Manda's number. I didn't wanna see what she said about my pregnancy post or what Indigo Execs said. Instead, I replied to my sister's post while Matt filled up the car with gas.