22) Only a Matter of Time

Matt

I've been at Clem's place for two weeks since the memorial dinner incident and I can tell that she is sick of me.

I don't feel like returning to work on set but I have to eventually.

It's nice to have a mental health break and be home.

I miss Josh though.

"Baby bro, get up. We're going somewhere." I see Clem walk out of her bathroom with a robe on and a towel over her hair.

"You aren't dressed yet." I point out the obvious while I scroll through my photo gallery full of pictures of my family and me.

I thought some of them were better than this and more accepting.

Not only did my grandma pass away, but I also lost my cousin, uncle, and aunt's pride and acceptance of me.

In one day.

I've been lounging at Clem's since my mental breakdown at the funeral memorial dinner.

"It won't take me long. Get a coat on." I hear her direct me.

"Yes, mother." I roll my eyes at her.

Once she is dressed, we head to her car since I left the rental one I got from the airport at the old house.

"Where are you taking me?" I sit in the passenger seat and let her take control of her car.

"You'll see. Have you talked to Josh in the last week?" I watch her place on mine for some reason unknown.

"Two weeks or so ago I did. I've turned my notifications off for a while and told my director I need a longer mental health break. I'll be back in Atlanta for Josh's album release party. I promised him I would be there." I faintly smile and shove my phone further into my pocket.

"We're here. I'm not coming with you." I notice that we are at our old house where my parents are and watch her park her car.

"You drove us back home?" I question her and watch her grab a gift bag from the back.

"What's this for?" I watch her hand the bag to me.

"It's not for you, silly goose. It's for mom and dad. I want you to talk to them about Josh and the baby and the engagement. I'm not dumb. I know why you've been staying at my house. You are avoiding the big talk about the baby and what happened at the memorial dinner. This is for the future grandparents to be whether they like it or not. They need to be there for you and Josh, even if you two are famous celebrities in the media. Who cares about your Hollywood life anymore? Our parents should be caring that their youngest child is having a child soon. Stop avoiding them. Oh, and also apologize for what happened at grandma's memorial. It would be nice to be on the same page as them again." I watch her shove the gift bag at me while I remember how great my relationship with my parents was before all this Hollywood dating and getting Josh pregnant spiral happened. 

I open the gift bag before I open the door to my old house and find a photo album.