14) I know that I'm too late but I'll say it anyway, I'm sorry

Matt

Josh and I have been in Atlanta for a little under a month. He's almost 4 months along in his pregnancy. I am not sure if the second trimester is supposed to be more difficult for him and his body. It seems like he's having a hard time adjusting to his new home. Or he's homesick?

He's been acting weird since we landed at ATL airport. He spends a lot of alone time in the bathroom. I hear the shower or bath run for like 20 minutes tops. He never wants breakfast anymore. Usually, I just leave a plate out before I go to set and it's in the dishwasher when I get home. He never talks about how his day was at the UMG office even though he loves it more than Indigo Records. He's been going out on walks alone a lot and it makes me scared since he's pregnant and a celebrity. And he's been talking to Sofia and Saylor on the phone at night. I hear him at like 3 a.m.

The Atlanta time difference is only three hours ahead of L.A time. I don't get why he has to call them at midnight their time. I understand that they are working women but midnight calls?!

He should be home any minute from his writing session at the studio. I am going to talk to him before we leave for our date night.

Tonight is my one night off from set this week. I made time to spend a date night with him.

We're going to have Surfer Boy Pizza and Scoops Ahoy ice cream for dinner. I got tickets to the Stranger Things Experience. He's going to love it. We recently watched season three again and he was so interested in everything. I've never seen him interested in horror before.

"Good afternoon, babe." I yell to him since I am sitting in the dining room.

There's complete silence. The only thing I heard was the door closing.

Okay, something is definitely going on. He has had a bad day and he's pregnant. Two things that don't mix.

I watch him as he heads to our bedroom and shuts the door behind him. Before I can even open the door to calm him down, I hear loud sobs come from behind the door.

I make a pit stop to the closet and grab a tissue box then knock on the door gently in case he wants some privacy.

"Hey bubs, I'm gonna leave a tissue box by the door. I'm not going to force you to talk. I can come in if you want. If you want to be alone, I'll be in the kitchen making hot chocolate." I knock once to let him know I am outside of the door.

He's had outbursts before but they were minor, nothing big like this.

I am not going to force him to talk to me. I let him come to me and slowly open up.

If I force him to talk, he just gets more upset.

I don't hear a sound after I knocked once so instead I head to the kitchen. I lay out supermarket-brand Christmas cookie dough on a pan and pop it in the oven. It's easy and quick to make. It will go with the hot chocolate. And it's Josh's latest craving so hopefully he comes out of the bedroom soon when the cookies start to rise.

He's gonna be on a sugar high today. I'll let him have the cookies and ice cream. He deserves it after the move, his new doctor that we saw the other day, and all the changes.

15 minutes later after sipping on hot chocolate and taking the cookies out of the oven, I see the bedroom door open. I watch my boyfriend pick up the tissue box from the floor and run over to smell the cookies that are cooling.

"Careful, babe. They just came out of the oven. Here, have some hot chocolate while we wait for them to cool." I hand him the mug of hot chocolate that has a spoonful of honey in it and mini marshmallows. That's the way he always likes it.