19) He looked away, 'cause it's too much to take

Joshua

I'm almost 5 months pregnant and my bump is really noticeable. I hate it but Matt does not hate it. He keeps saying that I'm beautiful or I have a perfect body but my fans do not seem to think so. I have gotten so much hate since I started showing, that I turn my phone off as soon as I come home from the studio doing press interviews or revising the finishing touches on the album.

Matt is leaving tonight for a red-eye flight from Atlanta to Arkansas. He decided to book a night flight so that he could suprise his sister in the morning. I love the idea but I am going to miss him like crazy. He is going to be gone for a week. He planned a bunch of activities and events to do with his siblings that he never gets to see. I should be happy for him since I know that he's been homesick. He has not gotten a chance to go home in a while. The pandemic happened and then we started rehearsals for season 4 of HSMTMTS and then we moved in together in L. A and now we are in Atlanta for his movie. I shouldn't even complain about missing my siblings and parents. He never complains about missing anyone, even when his siblings come to visit us.

"Do you have your Christmas gifts for your siblings?" I look over towards the side of the bedroom where he is last-minute packing.

"You are supposed to be resting, babe. You scared me when you called me while I was on set and explained that you were having heartburn and hot flashes. The doctor said it is normal for that to occur during these months." I watch Matt get up and place the pregnancy pillow that he got me for Christmas back on the bed.

"I'm helping you pack. I cross my arms in defense." I am helping him by making sure that he has everything because I tend to under-pack.

"Well, it's getting late. Are you sure that you want to come with me to the airport? I don't need help checking my suitcase in. I have traveled alone plenty of times." I hear him say as I watch him put Clem's gift in his suitcase that he almost forgot about.

"Matt, you are leaving for a week. I have to come and kiss you goodnight." I whine and feel the baby moving in my lower belly.

"Josh, I don't want you driving alone at night and you already expressed your fear of seeing fans at airports when we got to Atlanta. I don't want anything happening to you or the baby. Get some rest, or text Sofia or Saylor. I don't want you going out this late. I love you and I think it's for the best we kiss here. I can call an uber to take me to the airport." I hear the concern in Matt's voice and realize that he is right.

It is almost 10:30 pm. It's dark outside. And the airport is a very public place where a fan or hater could come up to me at any moment. My bump is also very noticeable and I don't like people staring at it.

"Well then come kiss me." I pat down on his side of the bed to signal for him to come and cuddle instead of pack his last-minute belongings.

I watch him place his toiletries in a bag and zip his suitcase. His tall stature slowly dips down on the mattress, causing me more back pain since I had everything set up the way I liked it before.

It's normal for me to have back pain now. I just need something to settle it when Matt is gone and a pillow won't work.

"I love you and our baby boy so much." I hear him say and watch him place a kiss on my lips to shut me up and then one on my bump making me giggle.

"When do you have to leave again?" I pout while realizing that he still needs time to call the Uber.

"I should call the Uber now and make sure that I get to the airport early. My flight is at 12:30 a.m. I am going to miss you so much." I watch him place a kiss on my collarbone causing me to moan.