34) I'll kiss your tears for as long as I'm here and they're falling

Matt

Today's been an exhausting day. My call time to be at the building where my first interview was at 7:00 am. I didn't even have time for lunch at Crafty or Uber Eats. I've had non-stop interviews at TV stations across Atlanta and it's almost 10 p.m. Josh left a note for me saying that he is out with Adrian for the night since he came to town for a writing session. I am just happy that he was with someone. Now, I've made myself a TV dinner and got into PJs. I feel too tired to make a proper meal.

I'm worrying about him some more though.

He's 36 weeks aka 9 months pregnant and his due date and c-section time isn't for another three weeks. I don't like leaving him alone while I am on set all day. I don't have a 9-5 job. It's whenever they need me for the press.

Night press can be international time zones and I miss kissing him goodnight and I get home after he falls asleep.

Before I get into bed, my phone starts to ring and I can tell it's Adrian calling he's the only one with a piano ringtone.

"Adrian, is Josh okay? Why are you calling at 10:45 at night?" I start to panic and look for my car keys.

While sitting on our bed, I located the hospital bag that Josh's mom helped us pack.

"I'm fine. Adrian, why did you call Matt?" I hear my fiance in the background and can tell that they are in the hospital since something is beeping.

"I'm your boyfriend. I'm allowed to worry about you, Josh. Adrian, hand him the phone please." I say as I grab my car keys in case I have to go to the hospital right now.

"Hey Matt,. How was work today? Anything interesting happen during press?" I hear his voice as Adrian hands him the phone.

"Josh, please be honest. Are you at the hospital right now?" I bite my lip and put the care keys in my car.

"You talked to Adrian behind my back?" I watch him pull away from the cuddle.

"No. He called me first. Look, babe, I'm just worried about leaving you alone. You are so close to 9 months and I want to be there if something happens," I run back in the apartment after turning the engine off since I forgot the overnight and diaper bag.

"Oh, okay. It was just Braxton hick's contractions. I'm fine, babe. The doctor said that the contractions are normal. It's my body getting ready for the delivery. You don't need to text our friends to check up on me. I'm going to try to sleep. This little monster has been moving around all day and it's not cool for daddy," I watch him cover his bump with the blankets and turn his light off by his nightstand. "Josh, you didn't answer me. Are you at the hospital or not?" I raise my voice at him.

I wish he would tell me when he has Braxton hick's contractions. I could have picked up a call during an interview. He's stubborn and doesn't like to tell people when he needs help though. I have known him for so long that it's frustrating sometimes.

"Ow! Motherfucker, that hurt worse than the others. Stop it, Junior. You're an athlete like your Papa." I hear my boyfriend whisper as I immediately start the car again and put in the address of the hospital where he would be giving birth in a few weeks.

Forget my parent's drama and them not being here. If the baby is coming now, I don't need them.

"It hurts more than usual, Matty. Make it stop. I just went to the toilet and now this little one wants to come out before his due date. It's too early. Make it stop, M." I hear Josh'a voice over the Apple car play since I can't hold my phone and talk at the same time while driving.