35) I promise you that I'm not going anywhere

Josh

Matt's been telling everyone our friends and family that the baby is coming sooner rather than later than his due date.

I feel guilty now because he should be doing press for the movie that he's staring in instead of being here watching over me and making phone calls to our family and his ignorant parents.

I can't do much except sleep and watch TV because Leo has been kicking me and the doctors don't know why it's happening so early.

His due date isn't for about 3 weeks or so from now.

I had an ultrasound and bloodwork done this morning, so I'm waiting to see what the doctor says while Matt is on the phone.

He didn't want to leave my floor or me.

"Mom, will you please just get your act together with dad. I need you here soon. The baby is coming. Your grandson. Mom, this is important to me.," I see Matt running his hands through his hair and talking on his phone outside my room.

He honestly looks worse than I do, stressed and sleep-deprived.

His hair is a mess. His eyes have dark circles and he looks like he's been crying about his parent's possible divorce. He just hasn't said anything to me even though I'm his fiance.

I don't know when was the last time he got a full 8 hours of sleep. He's been talking to his parents a lot over the phone, doing press for the movie, taking care of me, and working on the nursery.

"Hi, Mr. Bassett. Is this a good time to talk?" My doctor walks in with a team of nurses and my medical folder.

"Um, not at the moment, my fiance is kind of busy." I point over at Matt who is too preoccupied forcing his parents to come down to Atlanta to see their grandson.

"We unfortunately don't have time to wait, this baby needs to come out now or else you're at risk of health issues because you are at higher risk of post-partum preecamplaysia," My doctor says as a nurse checks my vitals.

"What?! I don't understand. How is that possible? I've had a few contractions but my water hasn't broken yet. He can't come out now. He's not ready to." I look over at Matt leaning against the wall outside my room looking like his mom just hung up on him.

Thank the lord that this is a private hospital. I don't need paparazzi right now. My blood pressure and stress levels are so high right now I haven't been able to admit it. I am in denial and I think it's all because of this stupid MPREG disorder.

"Can you please get my fiance?" I run my hand through my curls as the nurse writes down some information on my medical board on the wall.

A moment later, a nurse comes back in with Matt who looks like he had been crying outside and hiding it.

"What's going on? Is it c-section time? Is something wrong Josh? It's not the baby's due date yet." Matt says while standing by my bed trying to compose himself.

"The doctor said that the baby needs to come out now, Matt." I squeeze his hand and look at the doctor.

"Isn't that risky? 36 weeks is too early, right, doc?" Matt looks at him concerned while holding my hand.

"It has complications but they are decreased since you are late pre-term now Mr. Bassett. I am advising this operation be done in the next 36 hours or else your pain is gonna feel worse. You have a history of high blood pressure and it can cause post-partum preecamplysia and possible death of either the baby or parent. The morbity rate is very low at 36 weeks though so it should not be a problem with your care team getting him out safely and getting you into recovery," The doctor says to me while my mind starts spiraling and Matt squeezes my hand then reaches down to kiss my forehead.