24) What if we just love?

A/N: I'm sorry for the lack of updates. There were the shitty holidays and I need more ideas. LOL I'm starting new books. I am so bored. Job hunting is awful.

*************************

Matt

"Fuck." I check my watch and see that it's 4 am in Atlanta. That means it's 3 am in Arkansas.

I knew I was not going to make it to Josh's album release party.

I am yawning here and departing the plane.

I left Clem's home late and got the last plane ticket to Atlanta as soon as the airports opened up.

I helped my parents with the snow and stayed with Clem while she had therapy for a bit.

I had enough of my small town for now.

The good thing is that I made it to Atlanta safely. The band thing is that the airport is an hour from Josh's studio.

I texted Juls, since she can keep a secret and she said that Josh is looking for me.

I know how much he misses me.

He texts me even when my phone is off.

I got him two XL Razorbacks hoodies to wear when he feels insecure.

"I need an early Valentine's Day miracle." I look down at my phone and see the Uber driver in the same place it was 5 minutes ago.

Juls is with Josh so I can't call her.

 I am not sure if Sofia stayed after the release party or left to go back to L.A or Arizona.

That leaves Joe and Frankie who are in Atlanta after the release party.

They texted me about all the gifts they delivered to Josh when I was back home.

"Joe, please pick up." I grab my two suitcases from the baggage claim while pressing call on his contact.

God, I hope he is up at 3 am.

I know Frankie is a beauty sleeper.

"Hello?" I hear a muffled voice and some background noise.

"Hey, Joe. It's me, Matt. I am so sorry it's so early in the morning. I can't get an Uber. Can you please pick me up from the ATL airport? Please don't tell Josh. The pickup area doesn't seem as bad as the Uber and Taxi line. Please? I will pay you back." I watch other people get in Uber while I stand inside the airport with my suitcases and backpack.

The extra space in my luggage has Josh's hoodies in it.

"Yeah, of course. Frankie is snoring. I couldn't sleep. I got up to make tea. Do you want me to bring you a thermos?" I hear Joe say sweetly as he always does.

"Yeah, that would be great. Starbucks isn't open yet and it feels like below 40 degrees." I wait by a corner where people aren't exiting.

Gosh, I really hope Josh isn't mad or crying because I didn't make it to his album release party.

I haven't listened to it yet either. I was too busy worrying about getting to the airport before midnight to download it.

I've heard most of the demos but I know he changed some things since he left that shit hell record label.

I also need to get back to work on the movie set for '26 Wishes'. We need to be able to pay for baby stuff and an education fund for the baby.

I wish I had more free time to spend with Josh.

I missed a bunch of my night shoots while I was in Arkansas so I have to make up for that the next few weeks.