36) When I don't know what to do (I shouldn't fear)

Matt

It's been 5 hours since Josh was rolled into a recovery room and he hasn't woken up yet.

Josh's blood pressure rose when the doctors were trying to get Leo's legs out and he got stuck in the birth canal. Josh lost a lot of blood and his blood pressure rose extremely high while he was under anesthesia. I was there to see it all down. I remember being rushed out of the room to a different room where the baby was getting cleaned up after I cut the cord while the doctors were attending to my fiance.

It all feels like a blur even though it was less than 6 hours ago.

The doctor said not to worry though because his body was exhausted from the surgery and he also had complications during it. Josh is still sleeping and getting a blood transfusion so that his vitals go back up since he can't eat or drink anything yet.

"Hey, we came as fast as I could from my recording session. Juls drove me. Where's the baby?" I feel someone place a hand on my shoulder making me jump.

I haven't gotten any sleep in the last 24 hours.

"God, don't scare me like that again, Adrian. Shhhh Josh is resting," I take my hand off Josh's and turn to see my friends and cousin.

I've been sitting here for 5 hours. No food break or bathroom break. I saw Leo twice for a few minutes but the nurses assured me that he was under good care while I waited for Josh to wake up.

"Where's the baby? Matt, please tell me my godson, is alright," Sof, who I didn't know was in Atlanta, hugs me from behind the chair as I stand up to face them.

"He's in the NICU. He has respiratory issues, temperature control issues, and a low weight. He got stuck during delivery and let's just say things didn't go as planned," I look over at Josh sleeping while Juls hugs me tightly.

They don't know his name yet. I want to keep it like that until Josh wakes up.

"I'm glad that he's being taken care of. Why hasn't Josh woken up yet?" Adrian asks since I mainly told Juls what happened during the procedure since she's family.

"Long story short, complications were getting the baby out, Josh lost alot of blood and his blood pressure is high. Doctors are looking out for signs of preeclampsia. He is getting a blood transfusion and resting. He woke up once to throw up and the doctor is giving. him fluids in one arm and blood transfusion in the other. He's finally resting so be queit," I ramble while whispering and almost fall into Juls arms from losing my balance when I stand up.

"Okay, now that we're updated on what's going on and know that our favorite Bassett boys are taken care of by nurses, what about you? When was the last time you showered, ate a meal, drank water, or used the restroom?" Juls places her arms on my shoulders and motions for me to sit back down next to the hospital bed.

"Maybe 10 hours ago. I haven't slept, ate, showered, or left this room besides making some phone calls outside the room." I admit to knowing that I should take care of myself when my boys are being taken care of by professionals.

"No shit Sherlock. You look like the hangover meets baby daddy. Why don't you get something to eat and go clean up in the bathroom while one of us waits here," Juls says acting motherly towards me since my mother is currently arguing with my father.

"I can't leave Josh. He needs me. The nurses are watching our son until Josh wakes up," I admit feeling dizzy and tired.

"Josh is being looked after by the nurses and doctors. He has medication, fluids, and a blood trasnfusion going, you already said so yourself. He is being taken care of. Matt, you look like shit. No offense, and you smell like the hospital. I will sit with him while you clean up and go eat," Sof says while sitting in the chair I was in.