28) I hope that it makes you happy

Matt

Okay, so thankfully, we aren't going to the hospital.

I called Josh's midwife whom I barely ever talk to, said that it's completely normal for him to have bad back pain. 

I wish I could do something to take the pain away from him.

The midwife said it was his body changing and getting ready for labor.

"Josh, stop scrolling on your phone. We are going to do something relaxing and fun." I tell him after getting off the phone with Olivia and Dara who were worried about him.

"Like what?" Josh puts his phone on our bed.

I helped him lay back in bed after the couch scare.

"I'm going to paint your nails like you asked me to," I say while emptying the CVS bag on the bed.

"I want to watch a movie." Josh states changing the subject.

He is probably in one of his moods again.

"What color do you want?" I say from the bathroom connected to our room while grabbing some towels so I don't stain the sheets.

"Hmmm. Maybe blue since he's a boy." Josh says in his daydream world.

"Matt, do you think he's gonna have your eye color or mine?" Josh ignores the pain in his back while moving on his pregnancy pillow.

I'm setting up the nail painting tools by placing everything on a towel. I purposely, left the nail polish remover in the pharmacy bag because Josh might not like it.

I will not get nail polish on our bed sheets.

I want him to be comfortable though.

"My eye color and your curls." I look at him while he's flipping through Netflix.

Josh rolls his eyes at me and I can't read his mood from my mind.

"What? I'm serious. All of our children are going to have your signature curls." I say while looking for the blue nail polish out of all of them that I purchased.

I got an assortment since he changes his mind all the time.

I love my fiance anyway.

"Wait, all of our children? You want more than one child?" Josh's voice cracks this time. "There's no way we're having another child." Josh bites his lip and sits back against his pillow. "What if I die in labor? What if I have a panic attack? What if the baby doesn't make it? What if - I..." Josh starts to say while I get up off the end of the bed and press a kiss onto his lips.

I hold the kiss for more than 30 seconds and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Let's not think about the future, right now. We're in the present. The baby is healthy and so are you. If you ever feel down or skip a meal, I'll be there to pick your mood tight back up. Remember we're all in this together?" I back away from the kiss and grasp onto his hand that has his engagement ring on it.

His fingers are getting swollen and puffy. It's expected from the pregnancy.

I hope he wears the silicone ring I got for him when that time comes.

"Mattttt. You always find a reason to make a High School Musical reference. You better not do it around Leo." Josh says to me while I go back to the edge of the bed to paint his nails.

"You really like the name I picked?" I look up at him and see him using the remote to put on Monsters University.

"Yeah. I don't know what middle name I like yet. I'll compromise with you on it when I figure one out. He's our little monster. He's a pain in the ass." Josh says purposely swearing and closing his eyes when the back pain comes again.