33) I've waited all day for my sweetheart

Josh

It's the last week of me being 8 months pregnant and I feel like I'm going to pop any moment.

Matt and I were going to have a babymoon to Arkansas to fix things with his parents but it's not safe for me to fly now and he got an email last night from his director that he's doing press interviews, podcasts, and red carpet events for that movie he was in.

I can't remember it all, my brain is tired from carrying this little one around and unable to sleep.

All I know is that Matt left me breakfast to heat up on a plate in the fridge and a sweet note reminding me to take my pills and multivitamins I hate taking.

It does suck now because he's ignoring his drama with his parents by working long hours doing press interviews.

I wish he would come to me and talk to me about his parents. I'm a good listener even though I'm 8 months pregnant. Leo listens too. I want Matt to feel less alone.

While I jot down a few lyrics on a piece of paper that I found in the kitchen, there's a loud knock at the door and ugh I don't want to get up.

"Coming. One sec," I place my water bottle and pen back on the table and force myself to get up to answer the door.

"Special delivery for baby Bassett-Cornett," I see a giant package at my front door and someone's feet standing behind hit.

"Um, hello, who's behind the box?" I attempt to move the large package wrapped in blue paper.

"Oh, it's us, Josh. Sof and Juls, the baby's favorite people ever," I see Sof and Jul's curls pop up from behind the large package.

"I've missed you guys so much. What's with the large blue package though?" I attempt to open the door for them but the box is in the way.

I have to move back to the couch in the living room and wait for them to push the package in the door it's huge.

What did they get the baby?

Matt and I are going to need a big house if our friends keep buying us gifts because all of the baby shower gifts are in our room since the nursery is almost finished. The nursery just needs some paintings and then it will be finished. It looks a little bland right now.

"Matt texted me the other day that he got called to do press when he was going out to pick a stroller and car seat out. And these items weren't on your baby registry because I thought you already had them. So the entire HSMTMTS cast pitched in and got you a new stroller, car seat, and a giant teddy bear from Costco, oh and Kate Reinders insisted on getting this wipe warmer, and play mat." Sofia and Julia start unpacking things from the large blue box while I'm sitting on the couch staring at it.

I was pretty sure that I had everything on Kate's baby must-have list since she had her son.

I guess I was very wrong though and Matt and I aren't prepared.

"Wow. Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I have a lot of thank you emails and cards to send after this boy arrives. I guess Matt and I aren't prepared to be dads yet," I slump into the couch and watch them assemble everything in the living room.

I feel a contraction in my lower belly and have to close my eyes since it's beginning to feel more uncomfortable, it's a longer contraction. Almost a minute and I don't know what that means.

I was going to tell Matt that I didn't sleep at all last night and I threw up once but I think it was food poisoning because we ordered takeout. But he's working all day today out of the house and I don't want to stress him out anymore.