12) Darling, I'll be fine

Matt

It's been a week since I've seen my boyfriend and I miss him like crazy.

I have to be on set at the Paramount + studios every day this week until 1 a.m. I gotta get paid somehow.

I try to call Josh during my lunch break but our lunch break times don't align. He eats all the time now since he's eating for two. And oftentimes, he's napping in a hotel room or at sound check or an interview in between a show.

When we were doing Disney press or shooting scenes, we were even placed in the same apartment building. In fact, his apartment was right under mine. I always heard him sing. The only time we were apart was when I went on a family trip or when the pandemic happened.

Today is his hometown show at the CashBash in San Diego. It's also his 3-month mark. Which means that there's a large decrease in miscarriage. It's a good thing but for him, he's got to be cautious since he's a performer and has a rare condition.

"Hi Darling, is this a bad time to call? Are you with your parents and sisters?" I press call on his contact and immediately hear him pick up the phone.

It's late morning so I have a break in between scenes while Anthony does his scenes.

"Hi Matt, it's Josh's sister Claire."

"Hi, Claire. Is Josh there?" I ask since I don't hear anyone in the background.

"I'm actually not sure where he is. I just got to the venue with Winter. We found his phone on the stage. It's cracked which is odd. His band must be on their way. It seems like he's the only one here." I hear the youngest Basset sister say and hear his manager in the background.

This Manda lady whom I have only ever heard about from Josh seems homophobic and stressful. She causes Josh more stress and panic than he needs.

"Hi! This is a private soundcheck. You girls are going to have to leave. You can wait outside with the rest of Josh's fans," I hear Manda say and roll my eyes even though I am in L.A. and not San Diego.

Does this manager of Josh's even know he has sisters?

She probably didn't even get them VIP passes.

"For your information, we are not fans. We are Josh's sisters. Do you know where he is? He asked us to meet him here." I hear over the phone and can tell that Claire wants me to hear this rude lady.

"He's probably in his dressing room," I hear her say on the other line while Claire and Winter are still with that bitchface of a manager.

"Matt, I'll keep you on the line. We're grabbing our VIP passes right now and going to look for him," I hear Winter's voice and can tell that Claire is holding his cell phone.

"Thanks, I owe you girls one." I smile while putting the phone on speakerphone since I am in my trailer in privacy then pack my bag.

I was originally going to call him tonight before he goes on stage since I have night shoots but I have to go see him.

It's the 3 month mark in his pregnancy. He needs me.

Once my backpack is packed and ready for a short road trip, I hear the girls running over the phone and wonder what's going on. I hope my boyfriend is okay.

He knows that if he feels ill or low in energy there's a medic on tour. He can also call me and I'll try to pick up as quickly as I can even if I'm shooting a scene.

"We found him in the private bathroom," I hear Winter's voice this time as I head to sign out at the main stage.

"Go away, Claire!" I hear through the phone and can tell that he's in the bathroom since the acoustics are echoing back.