13) 'Cause he's the one waiting at home

Joshua

The mini-tour was fun, crazy, and exhausting. I met a lot of supportive fans who gave me gifts for the baby. One fan gave me rainbow-printed onesies for newborns and another one got me a Target gift card. I also had fun with my bandmates who are so supportive of my MPREG disorder. In fact, Isla is already giving me reccomendations on which nursery rhyme playlists to play to get the baby to go to sleep.

Gosh, I love my band family so much.

I am going to miss them a lot.

I have been talking to my sister, Hannah, on the phone a lot since I got back from the tour. She has given me a lot of advice about life, changes, and pregnancy.

Her best advice to me was that change brings more opportunities to improve our quality of life, the way we learn, and the way we grow.

After our last phone call, I decided that I am moving to Atlanta with Matt and talking to Universal Music Group. I haven't told Matt yet since I have to tell Manda that leaving Indigo Records first. I have a bad feeling that she's either going to put me through a lawsuit or try to take my album away from me. But change is good so I have to tell her or else she will never know that I left the label.

It's the end of November now and I have to tell Matt that I want to move with him today or it's too late. I'm at the Indigo Records office now. Manda thinks I'm here to talk about feedback from the mini-tour and promo for my album. That's not what I'm here to talk about though.

"Have a seat, Joshua. You are just in time to hear our winter merch pitch deck." I take a seat in one of the office chairs and pull down Matt's large hoodie that's covering my bump.

Luckily, it's in the low 70s today in L.A. so I have an excuse to wear a large hoodie to cover my bump from paparazzi.

"I actually have something to say first. I'm unhappy with my contract. I will be leaving Indigo Records today. That means that I will let you have my previous singles since you own them. My album isn't finished yet, so I will be taking it to finish. If you want to talk to my lawyer, you may. I know someone who has good money. Oh, and I will not be doing any more projects with Olivia. We decided that our sounds were different and that we wanted to work on different projects. If you want to negotiate with my contract and get me back you won't be able to. I've already recorded and documented your homophobic allegations in trying to get me back with Olivia to say that I am not queer. I have a boyfriend whom I love. Thanks for the stress, I gotta go now 'cause he's the one waiting at home for me. My boyfriend." I stand up from my seat and face the execs and my old manager who is fired then leave the room.

I don't care if they try to negotiate with my contract or sue me. I am done with them.

Matt is right, they caused too much stress.

That felt good to say. My sister was right, change is good and allows us to grow.

"Hey Junior, Daddy's free. We should celebrate." I talk to my bump when I am finally in the car away from that stuffy office.

Since I am closer to 4 months along, I don't have intense cravings anymore. It's hard to tell if I'm hungry or just feel low in energy. Maybe even both?

Instead of going to the supermarket to get snacks or a cake to celebrate, I drive to our apartment. The fancy red Camaro that my boyfriend adores is no longer in the parking spot beside mine. Instead, there's a rental car from the airport next to my parking spot.

That's so weird. Did he already sell his Camaroo? For me and the baby?

"Matt, I'm home. I have something to tell you." I raise my voice as I walk through our apartment which looks more like a packaging box fort than our apartment.