16) You'd come over, you'd come over, you'd come over, right?

A/N: the title isn't from a Josh lyric. It's from "If The World Was Ending" By JP Saxe and Julia Michaels. But Matt covered it. So it's relevant.

*********************************************

Matt

Josh is at a record label talking about the final revision of his album. I am so proud of him for getting out of Indigo Records and claiming his album credit. It was not an easy task.

My boyfriend's absence gave me time to talk to my siblings about the baby.

Christmas is soon and I want them to do something cute for Josh and me but they are still on board with baby Bassett-Cornett.

My brother thinks that I am ruining my career and the family legacy, and my sister thinks that I am crazy for not calling her or visiting her for the anouncement.

I need them on board as an aunt and uncle. Our parents are not exactly the easiest to talk to and they really did spend a lot of time and money on getting me to Hollywood. I owe them a lot. I have to prove to them that I can be successful outside of Hollywood, a boyfriend, and a dad.

"Matt, why aren't you working on set? Don't you have a movie to star in?" I look up from the kitchen table and see my sister walk out of the guest bedroom where the air mattress is aka the nursery.

Her girlfriend is staying at a hotel because I told her not to make out in my apartment.

"I need to talk to you and Aaron. Where is he? Is he late because he's on a date with his wife again?" I scratch my forehead.

I told my brother to meet me at my apartment at 11 a.m.

It's 11:20 now.

My sister was doing her makeup in the guest room since I wouldn't let her go through Josh and I's bathroom.

"He's here." I hear my sister say in her pitchy voice while the doorbell rings.

"Yeah, I heard the doorbell." I roll my eyes at her.

At the door, my brother is standing there holding onto a bottle of wine that is probably from another country.

Dang, he has more money than I do.

"Sorry, I am late.  I was running errands with Lyds. She requested dinner cooked in the Airbnb tonight. Oh, I got you and Josh, this. Since I know you guys fool around a lot." I watch him plop the bottle of wine into my arms as if I was expecting the gift.

"Josh is pregnant and I don't drink. You know that." I grind my teeth and put the wine on the kitchen counter.

"You are keeping the baby?" I watch my sister spit her lemonade out of her mouth.

"It's not THE baby, It's Josh and I's baby. Yes, we are keeping him. Are you still mad at me because I posted the anouncement on social media instead of telling you?" I look at my sister who is sitting on the loveseat playing with her nails.

"Yes! Didn't you think about your family before you posted that? Did you even consider how I'd feel if my baby brother was going to be a father? Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you call me while you were shooting your Disney show? Why did I have to find out through social media?"  I watch her get out of the seat and almost splash her lemonade glass towards me in annoyance.

"Cle, settle down. I'm sure that he was caught up with scenes or press stuff to call." I watch my brother hold her back before she can rampage at me.

Cleo can have her moments.

As much as I love my big sister who is also queer, she still acts like my little protective sister.