10) But just as my luck runs out

A/N: Remember this is fanfiction and not real life. Keep voting and commenting. Making it a little heartstoppery.

************************************************

Matt

I don't know how far along Josh is. All I know is that he's showing. He is dealing with his management and execs at Indigo Records right now, and I am supposed to be on set.

"Matt, Atom needs you on Lot B right now," I see my cast mate and fake best friend, Anthony pop into my trailer while I stare at my phone.

My brother left me a voicemail. I haven't responded yet because I am so scared that I am going to hear something I don't want to hear. He's been my biggest supporter. He helped me get the E.J role on Disney Plus. He even got my mom and I to L.A safe for auditions. He's done so much for me even though we grew up with not much money to even afford cable TV.

My parents emailed me a very long message about the pregnancy. They saw the news on some media site and they emailed since they hardly ever text.

I am so scared that I will disappoint them.

I never told them about my interest in wanting to be a father.

My sister is busy working so I don't know her reaction yet.

"Give me 5 minutes." I look over at Anthony who is still in costume and is probably going to the costume trailer now to change.

"Why aren't you in the hair and makeup trailer? I didn't even see you sign in this morning." I watch him close the trailer door and plop down on the couch I was provided with.

Way to invade my privacy.

"I probably forgot to sign the call sheet," I mumble while staring at my phone again.

"What's going on, Matt? You've been quite distant since Josh got sick a while ago. Is he okay? Do you need time off to be with him? I can talk to the Director for you."

I haven't told many people about the anouncement.

Anthony isn't on social media unless it's for modeling work or professional reasons.

I can understand why that is now after living in Hollywood for 3+ years.

"Josh and I are expecting a child," I say to him really fast since I broke down when I told Julia.

"Congrats man. That's amazing news. Are you guys adopting or talking to a surogate?"

But just as my luck runs out, I have to answer the big questions.

The uncomfortable ones.

"Josh is carrying the baby. It's a boy," I say and feel tears brim in my eyes.

Happy tears.

It feels like such a relief to tell my best friend.

Anthony is more than just an on-screen best friend to me.

"How is that possible? Is he uh... trans? Sorry, it's not my place to ask" I move over to sit next to him on the couch.

"No. He's got a condition called MPREG that allows him to have children. Can you please keep it on the down low? Josh and I posted an anouncement on social media the other day. We turned our phones off and deleted our socials. The entire world knows about this and I would like for it to be private on my level. I don't talk to the press or media about it. It's Josh's place to talk if he wants to discuss medical history in public." I say proudly feeling like a responsible adult ready for a child.