18) Christmas is better every second it's with you

A/N: No time skip this time because I want to write a Christmas chapter

***********************

Matt

I am so proud of Josh. He performed three songs last night at the Atlanta Christmas Eve celebration and announced the renaming of his album. It must have been so hard since Indigo Records took the album's original name and his old songs. He did all of that while he was almost five months pregnant and getting hate in person and online.

Ever since we got back to the apartment yesterday at 11 p.m., he's been sleeping. I mean, yes, he deserves the rest but I wanted to spend Christmas Eve with him, not watching him on stage.

His parents and sister, Claire are staying at a hotel nearby. We are having Christmas dinner tonight and it's gonna be lonely without my family.

It's a difficult season this year. I wish I could take all the growing baby pregnancy pains away from him.

"Juls, I didn't get him anything for Christmas. I am a shitty boyfriend." I whisper into my phone while Josh sleeps in the master bedroom and our cinnamon rolls cook in the oven for breakfast.

I got organic ones from Whole Foods. I made sure that the sugar count was low too. Josh can't afford to get gestational diabetes. He already tested negative for it.

I have been so busy on-set for the movie, taking care of Josh during his mental breakdowns, taking care of other people like my siblings, stressing about my parents, and saving money for a new car and car seat. I went Christmas shopping and couldn't find anything Josh would like so I got this rocking chair. I'm sitting in it when it's meant for Josh and the baby.

"Didn't you get that rocking chair for him?" I watch her point from her phone screen while we are on Facetime whispering.

"Well, yes but it's more of a piece of furniture for the nursery than for Josh." I whisper since Josh is resting.

I'll let him sleep in for Christmas Day.

"Well, it's too late to have Amazon Prime ship a cookbook." I hear her laugh quietly over the video call.

"Not funny Juls. This is serious. Fuck it. I'll just tell him that I am a horrible boyfriend. I shouldn't have even bought this chair in the first place. He still has 4.5 months to go until the baby arrives." I sigh and lean back to rock in the chair.

"Look Matt, stop stressing yourself out. Stop whining. Stop saying you are a horrible boyfriend. Stop complaining that you didn't get anything for Josh. I may be Jewish but I know a thing or two about love. You are the perfect gift for Josh. Every day you are the perfect gift for him. You saved him literally and physically. You have helped him through so much. Give yourself some credit before I become his favorite Disney cast member." I watch her stick her tongue out at me at the end of her speech since we act like siblings but are cousins.

"She's right, y'know. Christmas is better every second it's with you. I don't think I'd be mentally okay without you by my side." I hear a light knock on the nursery room door and see Josh's messy curls at the door frame.

"Okay, lovebirds go off and have Christmas sex away from the camera. I'm going to hang up now and actually be productive. Stop whining cuz. You are the perfect gift." I watch the call end while Josh walks over to me pulling down my XL Razorbacks hoodie.

"Merry Christmas babe, Merry Christmas Junior. I'm sorry I don't have a mistletoe but can I please have a kiss?" I watch him plop his bum on my lap causing me to groan.

I feel him place a sloppy and long kiss on my lips. I can tell that something is not right though. Maybe he's hungry and hormonal today? I can't tell until Josh tells me how he feels.