29) I called you without a second thought

A/N: sorry I haven't updated. I have writer's block again.

*******************************

Josh

I'm 7 months along and I need Matt to help me get into bed. Not in a sexual way but physically to climb into bed. I don't know where the time went. But I know that we need to start designing and putting together the nursery soon.

We have the gifts Frankie, Joe, And Juls, brought us when Matt was in Arkansas. The crib and gift basket is sitting on the floor unwrapped. Matt has been so busy trying to finish filing his movie and I don't want to bother him about building the nursery. I also can't lift things so I'm just sitting in the nursery most days in a basic office chair staring at all the crap while Leo is kicking.

While I'm staring at a painting that Sof made for the nursery, my phone rings in my hoodie pocket. It's my mom calling. I miss her so much.

Oh gosh! I haven't talked to her in forever. I feel so guilty.

I have been so caught up in my own business and life.

"Mom? Oh, I'm so sorry I forgot to call last month." I start talking before she can even speak.

"Oh, it's okay. I know you are busy Josh. I wanted to let you know that your father and I are interested in coming down to visit you. Is there a good time we can see you?" My mom says as I get flashbacks all of a sudden about visiting California.

"I'd have to ask Matt. I don't know what his plans are. I am not having a baby shower or babymoon or whatever my sisters called it. I'm free most days though. I'm writing new songs and thinking of merch ideas." I tell my mom about myself instead of Matt's life because I know that Matt's parent's divorce is too personal to talk about.

"Oh, don't worry about planning anything. I can help you. Your dad is also really good at finiding event venues for parties." My mom says like the honest and caring mother she is.

Sometimes she's so caring and generous; she gets me stuff I didn't ask for.

"Mom, I don't need you to plan anything," I whine and feel Leo kicking my abdomen.

"I'm going to send Ashley the baby shower plan and Hannah the plan for the nursery. Josh, just sit tight and relax. I don't want you getting overly stressed about planning or moving anything," I listen to my mom say and sigh knowing that my sisters and parents care about me.

"Matt is going to build the nursery furniture and put up decorations. I am going to help design it," I try to put in my input but she starts rattling about my sisters again.

"Winter can contact your Disney friends. I'll have to ask Alison if she's free to help out, she might be studying or working. What's the theme of the nursery?" My mom says as I hear her write information down.

"It's little monster-themed. I think Matt is okay with it. I have to ask him when I get home." I bit my lip since I hate it when people do nice things for me.

I'd rather do nice things for people than have people help me while I feel helpless and pregnant.

"Send me your gift registry. I'll see if one of your sisters can help." My mom mumbles on the phone.

"Yeah, I kind of never made a gift registry. We have a crib from one of our friends, some paintings for the walls Sofia made, and a gift basket of things I didn't know the baby needed. I can ask Matt if his family has hand-me-downs. Actually, never mind his parents are busy working. ," I bite my lip knowing that I have no idea how to design a nursery.