『Chapter ❸❹』

Esparonza was beyond livid. That little twerp had probably just threw her only chance at rescue. All because of the fact that most had lives outside of this awful place.

She had even banished Esparonza's mind from all of their minds. That really pushes a few buttons in her. The fact that this child had the power of a trained telepath, and yet wasn't trained at all drove her nuts.

"Esparonza, we will save them. You just need to realize how old she is." Johnson placed a hand on her shoulder. "And then there's the fact you took over their minds."

Maya thankfully stayed silent. Her understanding of Esparonza keeping her swift to listen. Only her slanted semi-balanced pose showed how anxious she was to being attacked from any direction.

"I did what I had to do under the circumstances." Esparonza didn't want to have this argument at this point in time.

Johnson snorted as he checked himself. "If we didn't have a team needing saved I'd argue all day."

He spun 180 degrees on the balls of his feet, and charged ahead towards the cell. Esparonza and Maya followed closely behind. The halls quiet except for the soft tapping of their feet on the cold hard cement.

--

"We mustn't injure Z-" Simeon stopped halfway as Tala, Hunter's clone, deathly glared at him. "Hunter. As he will make a fine edition to our new squad."

"Do you really think he will just join us?" Tala demanded more than asked.

Jason stood to her left - with his hands touching behind his back, in a very strict military stance. "She has a valid point. He hasn't shown the proper attitude yet to be accepted..."

"Not if he goes through reeducation." Simeon said sadistically.

D-15 and Moonblade both laughed evilly at that remark. D-15 looked nice and clean standing next to Simeon on the right. It was as if he had prepared to meet the president. He could also of easily passed as a hired secret service agent.

Moonblade however looked like a tornado had hit him. Even with the passing of a few days his left eye was still swollen shut, his throat had a giant mark of a hand on it, and His hair was still bloodied by scabs that wouldn't close. His once impressiveness had shriveled in this new, highly disturbing, image.

"Reeducation will never work on him. He's an Elite-Alpha-Meta, and on top of that he is beyond stubborn. He did after all resist the new body and programming for hours on end." Tala smiled hungrily as she her words sink in deeply, as they processed that tiny bit of disturbing information.

"We could always put him in the VR machine while we add new programming, and increase his mutations." Moonblade's voice was laced with venomous hatred.

"No," Jason walked forward with an uncanny amount of premeditative grace. "We destroy his will to go on. First by crushing all he holds dear to his heart, then his ideals, and finally his sole."

"Ya, Jason, you do realize I'm a fighter right?" Everyone turned around to see me for the first time.

Tala was the only one who didn't seemed affected at all. "Finally, you show yourself. I actually started to think you were going to stay there all night like a scared rabbit in its hole."

Jason quickly backed away from both Tala and Hunter. Both the hunters, Simeon and D-15, and drawn their weapons. Moonblade had formed a deathly black and white tipped throwing stars.

"You knew he was there?!" Simeon's eyes where lit with a fury by her holding that tiniest bit of truth from him. "Why would you let him stay there spying on us."