『Chapter ❶❸』

Cybor here guys! I just wanted to tell you that (if you want to get the best experience reading this) that after the POV changes back to Hunter's. That you might want to play 'Courtesy Call' by Thousand Foot Krutch in the background. If not its fine.

I turned around, and walked away. As I walked out most tried to ignore me. I could tell that they were afraid of me. No doubt a side effect from the punishment I had.

I decided to keep looking for Esparonza. I wanted to ask her why she mind linked us. Plus I wanted to say thanks for helping me in my mind. I walked over to the edge of the trees looking for her.

--

Esparonza walked carefully to the edge of the room. She was waiting for someone to walk in from the door on her right. The room it self was dark except for a few blinking lights from computers. The room smelled sterile with a sweet layer to it.

The sweet smell Esparonza figured was from the recently dead body in the other side of the room. The cameras in the room were playing a loop of a few days ago. She knew it was only a matter of time before the guards, or that mad man of a doctor returned.

The door across the room from her, hissed open. A teen boy about the same age as Hunter stepped into the room. His hair was blonde, unkempt, and reached to about mid neck.

"Agent Hope you in here?" The boy whispered. It was so quiet that no normal human could here it. Esparonza wasn't close to normal.

"Yes I'm here." Esparonza couldn't figure out why her code name had to mean the same as her real one. She stepped into the light. "But I want to know why this disk is so important, before I hand it over."

The boy squeezed the bridge of his nose. "Look all I can tell you is this. The files contained are the key to the resistance."

"Fine, for the resistance." She walked over, and placed the USB disk into his outstretched hand. She then began to walk back to the vents to leave.

The boy looked shocked at first, then looked suspiciously at Esparonza. "You're giving up that easily?"

"Yes." She climbed into the vent. Only then did she smile as she heard the boy cry out from surprise. The doctor had returned. Not that she cared, she had the real USB in her pocket. The boy just had a copy.

--

I didn't find her in the woods. Though I found a lot of tents from metas yet to join, or didn't want to join, a team. I felt like she was trying to avoid me. Just the thought of that made me disheartened.

Only a few days away from another round, and she's nowhere to be found. I was going to need the entire team if I was to win this next round. I kept thinking this when I came upon Dark Moonblade's tent. It was very big, more like a place to plan battle strategies than a living place.

There was two layers of tents placed around it in a circular fashion. There was a small path in between each row. Yet the path to the main tent was as wide as a tent.

I saw a little girl with raven black feathery wings walking to a small tent near the center. She looked no older than ten. Before I could turn to walk away I saw her get slapped by none other than Moonblade himself. The force with which he hit her, sent her flying nearly five feet into the air, and ten feet back.

I felt my anger and frustration boil over. "Hey why'd you hit her!"

Moonblade looked at me. "This is none of your business Hunter!"

I shook with rage. "None of my business! Really I think it is. No one should be treated like that! Unless they provoked it." I took a threatening step forwards.

"This is not going to end well if you attack." He glared at me.

By this time most of the metas that were around stopped to look at us. Some were starting to walk over to his side, yet most just watched.

"Hey your the one who hit her. I'm just defending her." I had a bad feeling about this.

Moonblade grinned evilly. "I own her, I own all these metas here." He spat the last few words. He raised his arms wide. Emphasizing what he just said.

"No one is owned by you." At this a few more metas came out of there tents. Instead of going over to him, they came to me. Some smiled, others nodded.

The rest of the metas started to chant 'fight, fight, fight!' As they chanted they encircled us. I was getting a really bad feeling about this...

Moonblade was starting to look worried. "Fine lets settle this. Meet me at the training field in ten minutes!" He smiled confidently, "Who ever wins can own her. Bring who ever you want to help you. You'll need all the help you can get."

"Fine, but I won't need help. It'll be you who'll need it." I looked at the crowd, and the other metas on both sides. "Anyone who wants to fight can join us."

Moonblade look ticked at that. "You son of a..."

"There's children here. Don't push your luck." I pressed my mic on. "Hey Johnson there's going to be a fight/training op. You game?"

A/N
So that's chapter thirteen! What do you think of what Esparonza is doing? How about Hunter, and Moonblade. I'd love to hear who you think will win. If you didn't like the song suggestion please let me know (if any.) of what should go there. Or if I shouldn't do that at all. Also what do you think of the pic on this chapter. As a new cover?