『Chapter ❶❶』

I went in-and-out of consciousness, yet I was aware of everything that happened while I was in bed. I knew when Johnson yelled at me while I slept. Or when the guards took off my collar, and carried me back to the mansion. I could feel when Johnson put me in my bed.

Yet I could not keep track of time. I could of been in and out for weeks, or even months! Finally I had enough. I would use all my will power to stay awake.

I finally was awake again, and stayed awake. It didn't help that there was silence through out the house. I looked around the room, searching for anything that'd tell me what was going on.

Finally I got out of my bed. I shakily stood up. My legs acting somewhere between jello, and rubber. I took a step, which quickly turned into a fall. As instinct took over, I put my hands out in front of me, and when they hit I rolled down.

I kept rolling back up into a semi-crouch. My hunting instincts were taking over. My hearing went up drastically. It was only then that I could hear everyone was eating.

I couldn't stand again for another few minutes. Once I was able to stand again, I carefully walked over to the door. Slightly anxious I drew in a breath. I opened the door once I was able to relax, and seem fine in the outside, I opened the door.

I shut the door behind me as I walked out. Once outside my room I began a very long process of walking, then breathing. But finally I got to the elevator.

By the time the elevator opened I had regained a fair amount of strength. Still walking carefully I went inside it, pushed the main floor button, and waited for the door to close.

--

As it went down I began to think about my old team. How we were closer than family. When we would play pranks on people. Why I hated myself for destroying the team.

The sound of the door derailed that train of thought. I breathed in a smell of Texas style rabbit, candied sweet potatoes, and bacon. I let the smell guide me to its source.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Johnson, Juliet, and one other boy I didn't know. They all had their backs to me. Yet were to busy cooking that I figured they wouldn't of noticed me at all.

I cleared my throat. "What's going on here? Are we having a feast, and you didn't invite me?"

All three turned to look at me. Juliet looked the most surprised. Her voice even sounded it when she spoke. "Hunter! You're up, but how?"

"The doctors said you wouldn't / couldn't recover that fast." Johnson looked down. "They said it was a miracle that your even alive."

"Is that so? Then why am I standing here if I'm not supposed to of recovered so fast?" I grinned. "I'll tell you why. They were wrong. You still haven't answered my question."

Juliet smiled. "We are enjoying a good meal before the next round."

"This will be the third one... you were out cold when the second came. We won, but it's going to be harder to win this one." Johnson clenched his fists.

"Why is that?"

This time the other boy spoke up. "Because you still need four more to have a complete team. All but three teams have been filled. Yours is one of them."

"We are at a disadvantage in numbers right now." With that Juliet walked out into the dinning room.

Johnson looked at her, then at me. "She's right you know." He then walked over to a drawer. He pulled out a file, and hands it to me.

I read it thoroughly, then I shook my head. "I don't care if she is, or isn't. We will just use stealth, and trickery to our advantage."

A/N
So there's chapter eleven! Hope you liked it. I'd love to hear you thoughts so far with where the book is going so far.

As always votes (The star) and comments are greatly appreciated!