Chapter 20

“Here, this.”

I showed him a long scar that extended from my forearm to my shoulder. It had faded over time, but upon closer inspection, the traces of the wound were still clearly visible.

Some might have noticed it during practice, but none of the members had asked me about it before.

“This scar, it’s from a car accident several years ago, maybe ten years ago. At the time, I was told I might never be able to use my arm again.”

“…”

“I worked hard on rehabilitation, and now I can use my arm just fine… but back then, it was truly terrifying. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn’t move.”

For the first time, I confided in someone other than Seo Hojin. I wasn’t sure if Seong Jiwon was an important person to me yet, but they were certainly necessary at that moment.

“I know that feeling well, when it seems like no matter what you do, it won’t work.”

“…”

“But through rehabilitation, I realized that opportunities are given. They might not be fair, but they’re given, and only those who are prepared can seize them.”

It wasn’t just rehabilitation. After losing my parents, I entered society earlier than others and faced many injustices.

People who grew up without hardship in wealthy families, thinking it was natural to trample on others…

My life was filled with disappointments, to the point where it was overwhelming. Good opportunities were always snatched by others.

Even this moment, whether fair or not, was an opportunity given to us.

But as always, when prepared, opportunities would come. Even if only once.

I locked eyes with Seong Jiwon.

“You’ve prepared hard, haven’t you?”

“…”

“Right?”

Hesitating, Seong Jiwon nodded. It meant they were ready to seize the opportunity.

I lowered my rolled-up sleeve. No matter how much I tried to smooth it out, it remained wrinkled. I’d probably get an earful from the stylist.

I glanced at Seong Jiwon, taking my eyes off the wrinkled shirt.

“That’s enough.”

“Yeah.”

“Let’s stop sulking and move on.”

Seong Jiwon clenched his teeth and stood up. Then, he whispered softly to me.

“I’ll do my best.”

[Seong Jiwon trusts you.

Your relationship with Seong Jiwon is very friendly.]

I’ve said too much.

I was relieved that the cameras didn’t capture this moment. I already regretted showing the scar and talking like an old man.

It would probably become an embarrassing memory later, but at least I had won Seong Jiwon’s favor.

“We should save this emotional story for when the cameras are rolling…”

“Haha, you haven’t changed.”

“…?”

Haven’t changed?