Chapter 144

“Cough, cough! Ugh, ack…”

You should’ve said something about feeling this sick!

[So, now you regret not listening to me when I told you so…]

The system window that appeared before me dissipated like smoke, seeming a bit pitiful and sorry for me.

“Stop popping up in front of me, you’re making me feel like I’m going to vomit…”

[You already vomited though.]

It was thirty minutes before our event was set to start.

I was clutching the toilet, retching repeatedly, but nothing came up.

Except for stomach acid and blood.

“It hurts…”

Staggering to my feet, I turned on the faucet and gripped the sink, attempting to regain my composure.

My face in the mirror, paler than when I had ignored the leaked quest, seemed even worse now.

My brain felt like it was melting, and I had been short of breath for some time.

My legs kept giving out, forcing me to clench my teeth just to stand.

“Ugh…”

[Oh…]

Moreover, blood had been surging up my throat for some time.

I spat out another mouthful of blood into the sink.

“…Did that bastard take the item well?”

[You’re really harsh even in this condition.]

I turned the leaker’s dream into a nightmare.

Literally, not metaphorically.

Whatever dream he had, wherever it was, no matter who appeared in it—

[How on earth do you imagine such things?]

I made sure every creature pointed fingers at him, accusing him of being the leaker.

The criticism from the public continued, and the pressure from his company made his already taut nerves even more fragile and thin.

So that he could crumble at the slightest provocation.

“How about it?”

After going through all this pain to acquire that item, that bastard who made me suffer should experience the agony of shitting blood.

So, when I asked, the system window, though disgusted, finally gave an answer.

[…It worked well. He hasn’t slept for three days, looks almost half-dead, like you right now, Seo Hoyun.]

“That makes me feel a bit better…”

[Oh…]

As I inhaled, blood dripped from my nose.

I hastily covered my nose with my hand, not to stain my clothes, and roughly pulled out a tissue to wipe it.

“Wow, I feel like I’m going to die.”

Holding the wet tissue, I seriously wondered whether I could actually dance and sing in a few minutes.

[Maybe you should give up going on stage? Can’t you see you’re not in your right mind?]

“I know…”

My vision kept swirling.

But I couldn’t stop now having come this far.