Chapter 73

The staff members cautiously glanced in our direction, sensing the unusual atmosphere, but fortunately, they didn’t seem to have heard the conversation.

I gathered my thoughts and stopped the manager.

“Let me come with you.”

“Hoyun, I understand your feelings, but don’t come now.”

“No, I’ll go.”

After all, this whole situation was a matter concerning my life.

Jeong Dajun’s potential withdrawal and the inability to proceed with the main scenario meant one thing:

The Dawn was on the verge of complete failure.

I saw Jeong Dajun’s pale face as he leaned on me slightly.

I then looked at the other members.

“Then I’ll go too.”

Kim Seonghyeon stepped forward.

Judging by his gaze directed at me, he seemed to feel sorry for always relying on me.

They must be flustered too.

“Never mind, you guys go home first. Didn’t you have a V-Live scheduled for today?”

“That is…”

“It’s important to keep it a secret from people. In that sense, it’s better for me to go than for the leader to be absent. Manager, the news hasn’t been released yet, right?”

“We’re desperately trying to stop it.”

“Did you hear that? It’s important to keep it hushed. Cover for us at today’s V-Live. I’ll follow Jeong Dajun and talk to the CEO.”

Jeong Dajun is a minor, only 19 years old. I couldn’t leave him alone with that snake-like CEO.

“Ugh…”

Turning to the groaning manager, whom I couldn’t fully trust, he tightly closed his eyes.

“Fine, it’s not the first time Seo Hoyun doesn’t listen….”

He habitually rubbed his stomach as if it hurt.

I should be the one with the stomachache in this situation.

I bid farewell to the filming crew with a bright smile, pretending that everything was fine, and quickly got into the van with Jeong Dajun.

“Hyung, ah… shit… I’m sorry.”

It seemed that Jeong Dajun only realized the reality of the situation after getting into the van.

He was clueless and panicked.

“What should I do? Will I get caught up in a lawsuit? No, I definitely settled things with that agency, so why now…!”

“Jeong Dajun.”

“I clearly said I would terminate the exclusive contract. They agreed and let me go. Why now…!”

“Jeong Dajun!”

I placed my palm on Jeong Dajun’s shoulder.

A loud slap was heard, and the manager glanced at us through the rearview mirror.

Regardless, I lifted Jeong Dajun’s face and looked him straight in the eyes.

“Explain it properly so I can understand.”

“…Hoyun-hyung…”

“I need to know what’s going on to cover for you.”

Honestly, I wasn’t sure if I could resolve the exclusive contract issue.