Chapter 101

As the first half of the drama shoot was coming to an end, the broadcasting began. On the day the first episode aired, the entire cast and staff gathered at a rented restaurant.

“Ah, I guess it’s Seo Hoyun’s first time at such an event? Usually, we all gather to watch the first episode together. But sometimes we skip it if the shooting schedule is tight.”

“Haha, it’s my first time with a drama.”

I’d done variety shows before. Still tired of the aftereffects of my variety show appearance, I tried to sit in a corner when Director Yu called me over with a hand gesture.

“Seo Hoyun! This way, this way.”

“Where are you going! Your seat is right here.”

Damn it.

I was called to the seat I absolutely didn’t want to sit in.

But I couldn’t ignore the director, so I sat beside Writer Kim, avoiding Min Jiheon as much as possible. Yu Jia was seated across from me and greeted me with a smile.

“Great job today. Your ad-lib was really good!”

“Thank you.”

I couldn’t stay seated for long because of everyone coming in. I had to stand up, greet people, and accept their drinks. Finally, after the pre-drama commercials began, I could sit down.

“I wonder what the ratings will be this time?”

“Well, I do have some influence, so I hope the first episode can at least get 4%.”

“Isn’t that too modest? I bet on 6%. How about you, Min Jiheon?”

“Me? Um… I’ll bet on 6 for the first episode too.”

While the main dishes hadn’t even been served yet, Min Jiheon suddenly lifted his head after devouring most of the side dishes.

“The final highest rating will be 18%.”

“18%?!”

Are you crazy…?

I choked on my water.

Min Jiheon was doing this on purpose.

“A rating of 18% is almost a syndrome. We’ll get a reward vacation.”

“I’m really expecting a lot~.”

“Wow, I’ve never seen Min Jiheon like this before.”

“What about you, Seo Hoyun?”

I had tried my best not to be involved in the conversation, but the question still came. I wiped my mouth with a tissue and answered.

“I also…”

Sigh…

“I’ll also go with 18%, like Min Jiheon-sunbae.”

“Wow, that’s ambitious~! I’m looking forward to it.”

Though it seemed like a deliberate act, everyone took it as the spirit of a rookie and laughed.

Damn this fucking percentage.

That must be Min Jiheon’s standard for success. I’d have to surpass that for him to talk to me.

As we were chatting, the first episode began. Everyone cheered and clapped as the opening scene rolled with the sound of camera shutters.

“Wow, Yu Jia is such a great actress. Her crying at the funeral made me want to cry too.”

“Haha, you’re too kind.”