Chapter 68

I confidently fixed my name tag and walked with Kim Seonghyeon. Joo Woosung also came forward this time, participating alongside a Black Call member.

– “The archery rules are simple! Each team has two participants, each shooting three arrows, and one arrow is shot by the ace member.”

“Who’s your ace member?”

“It’s obviously me.”

“No way.”

Joo Woosung shook his head in disbelief. When his face was caught on the screen, the fans’ cheers grew louder than before.

I knew Black Call was quite popular, but experiencing it directly was quite fascinating.

An announcer approached Joo Woosung for an interview and asked him seriously,

“Joo Woosung, you ranked first in the archery event at the last Victory is Mine, right? Can we hear your thoughts on this year’s event?”

“Ahaha, I’ll do my best this time as well.”

Joo Woosung gave a textbook-perfect answer and then locked eyes with me. He smiled mischievously.

“At least I’ll beat that side.”

“…”

My eyebrows twitched, and the camera caught it again. My irritated expression was displayed on the main screen, and laughter filled the stadium. The announcer continued enthusiastically.

“These two are known as close friends in the entertainment industry, and their rivalry is burning hot~! At this point, we should also hear Seo Hoyun’s thoughts!”

“He’s a respected sunbae.”

I took the opportunity to correct the misconception, but Joo Woosung clicked his tongue.

It was just like the entertainment industry to keep picking at a topic once it was brought up.

– “That kind of talk really means they are close friends.”

– “Whenever I hear friends talking about their close friendships, I get chills.”

Despite my sincere denial, no one, including the broadcasting team, seemed to believe me.

“Joo Woosung’s goal is directed at Seo Hoyun. Seo Hoyun, please share your goal as well! What mindset will you have during the match?”

With a lively smile, the announcer pushed the microphone closer to me. Wondering if it would be better to be honest, considering our teasing image as close friends, I decided to go with a safe answer.

I leaned slightly towards the microphone.

“…I’ll just do my best.”

– “Wow~~! Joo Woosung is not even considered a rival by him!”

How did it turn out like that?

– “That’s the epitome of leisure, right? He’s saying, ‘I’m the only one who can be first! There’s no room for two!’ Isn’t that it?!”

– “It’s getting intense!”

Joo Woosung snorted a little and picked up his bow. I did the same.

I heard that Joo Woosung had won first place in the previous competition and generated numerous memes, but I absolutely had to win first place this time.

I didn’t have the luxury of worrying about Joo Woosung, who wasn’t even an immediate opponent in the preliminaries.

I held the bow and tried pulling the bowstring without an arrow. Not bad.