Chapter 70

– “Oh no! Player Jeong Dajun has fallen!”

Although Jeong Dajun’s location was far away, all the members became flustered and started running toward him. Dajun, who had just raised his head, locked eyes with me.

“Jeong Dajun, stay still!”

“…”

It would be a big issue if he was injured.

Not only would it affect future activities, but who would be responsible for Jeong Dajun if he had any aftereffects?

“…!”

But as expected, it was Jeong Dajun.

Even though he clearly heard me, his eyes wavered as he glanced back and forth between the finish line and us, and he suddenly got up. He’s really good at answering but never listens when it matters.

– “Player Jeong Dajun! He’s up!”

He picked up the fallen baton and started running again.

– “Oh! Player Jeong Dajun doesn’t stop! He’s up and running again!”

– “Is this the spirit of a pro?”

Pro spirit, my foot!

Although he was temporarily overtaken after falling, he stubbornly maintained first place. After crossing the finish line, Jeong Dajun smiled brightly.

“Hyungs!”

– “The Dawn takes 1st place! The Dawn stumbled but didn’t give up and won first place!”

“Jeong Dajun!!!”

But I was angry.

In the noisy stadium, I yelled out loud. Almost everyone there must have heard it. But I didn’t care.

I quickly walked over to the finish line, where Jeong Dajun was lying down, panting. He couldn’t stand up yet and spoke with a flushed face.

“Hyung! We got first…!”

“I told you to stay still!”

I knew I had a bad feeling. Jeong Dajun was startled and opened his eyes wide. I diverted my gaze and took off his sneaker from his twisted leg.

“Ugh….”

As expected, it was swollen and red. The color change indicated a certain injury.

Shit!

I knew something was off with his posture. He must have ignored the pain and just kept running. The other members who ran over looked at Jeong Dajun and sighed.

“Where did the medical team go?”

“They were called just now.”

“Why aren’t they here yet?”

I couldn’t hide my irritation towards the broadcasting station. Jeong Dajun grabbed my arm in a hurry.

“Hoyun-hyung! There’s no need for a medical team. I’m fine.”

“…”

“Really, I’m fine, hyung. I said I wanted to win.”

Hearing that, my anger welled up inside me.

I had so many things I wanted to say. I told him to run slowly if it was slippery, that it was okay not to win, and to take it easy.

“Well, uh….”