Chapter 78

“…PD?”

“Yes! The main character is a variety show PD at a broadcasting station.”

Only then did I become a little interested. As I met Jeong Dajun’s gaze,  he quickly handed me the script as if urging me to read it first.

I had promised to read it, so I might as well take a look. As soon as I took the script, Jeong Dajun smiled slyly.

“Hyung, I bet your opinion will change once you read it?”

I scoffed, of course.

“There is no way.”

.

.

.

…Well, maybe there is.

Despite being exhausted after practice and feeling like my body was melting away, I couldn’t put down the script once I started reading. As a result, I had to head to a meeting with the planning team a little later in a drowsy state, having not slept for several hours.

Darn it.

“How is it, hyung?! It’s so much fun, right?”

“Uh, yeah, it’s fun.”

It was, indeed, fun. There was a reason why Jeong Dajun had finished reading the script in the morning and eagerly asked for the next one.

While Korean dramas usually focus on preludes rather than climaxes to captivate viewership ratings, this one evenly sprinkles breadcrumbs throughout to maintain constant interest.

Moreover, while maintaining the authenticity of the broadcasting station, the parts that needed to be quickly passed through were smoothly filled with fiction so as not to lose tension.

This was a story with two main protagonists disguised as a romance.

The male lead, a rookie PD who joined the broadcasting station following the female lead, was originally from a chaebol family (an essential element for drama ratings). But the male lead hid his feelings from the female lead because his chaebol family ruined her family.

“Writer Kim Sukhui, she’s like a genius, right?”

“She’s a genius.”

I said it in detail, but that wasn’t the important thing for me.

“Right! Right! And isn’t Lee Jeonghun really similar to you, hyung?”

“…Hmmm.”

Yes, that was very troubling.

I slowly touched the corner of my mouth.

“Jeong Dajun, do you think so too?”

“Yes? Of course!”

The character, Lee Jeonghun from Please Take the Camera, was not much different in age from the 33-year-old second-hand rookie protagonist, Yu Jeonghwa. He was a ratings-guaranteed PD who had taken the most elite course by graduating with the highest honors, entering the company at the top, and not hesitating to do dirty deeds.

A character with a nasty personality who could do anything for ratings… Yeah.

Doesn’t this sound very familiar?

“Ah, I’m getting a caffeine rush! Before we leave, let’s watch the summary video again!”

“Sure~.”

After whining for a while, Jeong Dajun disappeared into his room, asking for a summary video to be watched on his phone.

As I was left alone, the system window popped up.