Chapter 129

Paparazzi Kim Jaeyeon was living quite peacefully, if you overlook that he had been following Min Jiheon—who was broadening his influence beyond the Hallyu wave to the global stage through the OTT platformwith Please Take the Camera—yet without any payoff.

How can someone be like that?

Min Jiheon’s daily routine was like that of a madman: piling up food to eat, helping out staff in trouble, giggling away, then suddenly transforming into someone else as he threw himself into acting.

Home, set, home, company, home, restaurant, restaurant, home…

That was all there was to it.

He really is a genius. No wonder he’s keeping Daepaseong Entertainment afloat.

And now, another rising star has emerged from Daepaseong Entertainment – none other than The Dawn.

Or more precisely, it was Seo Hoyun, dragging The Dawn up by the scruff of its neck despite no one having any expectations or interest in them.

…How can someone be like that too??

Kim Jaeyeon sipped his hot Americano while fiddling with his phone.

An idol… no, even by ordinary people’s standards, he was no average Joe. What sane person would consider colluding with a paparazzi?

The thought of Seo Hoyun still mentioning XX Construction with a smirk on his lips sent involuntary shivers down Kim Jaeyeon’s spine.

So, Kim Jaeyeon decided to go along with whatever deal Seo Hoyun proposed. It wasn’t as if he was at a loss either.

“Photos of Yoon Heeun at the hotel??”

– “Yes.”

What are you going to do with them?

Kim Jaeyeon took his phone from his ear for a moment and stared at the screen before scratching his head and continuing the conversation.

“Look, Seo Hoyun… uh, that’s all well and good, but usually people don’t go into those places together. Plus, even if you have such photos, it’s tough to make a splash if the other party’s a chaebol, and there’s a high chance of backlash… unless you’re trying to extort money from a chaebol or something….”

– “Oh, you’re worried about me?”

“…”

– “Don’t worry, I’m not doing this to extort money.”

With that, Seo Hoyun briskly wrapped up his own matters and succinctly dictated what Kim Jaeyeon needed to do.

As Kim Jaeyeon took a pen and notepad out of his pocket to jot down Seo Hoyun’s instructions, he felt goosebumps rise on his arms.

And for good reason…

“…Were you a paparazzi before becoming an idol?”

– “Are you crossing the line?”

This was because his tactics were indistinguishable from those of a professional paparazzi.

First, match Yoon Heeun’s unofficial schedule with fans’ sightings to find gaps in time.

Second, considering the rumors that someone influential was deeply infatuated with Yoon Heeun, shortlist high-security, upscale hotels in the Seoul metropolitan area or nearby. Then compare those with Yoon Heeun’s schedule and home to deduce a place that wouldn’t take too long to travel to and from.

Third, go to the anticipated location during the gap in his schedule and stake out to determine the right spot. (If the location wasn’t correct, go back to comparing the opponent’s home and the hotel list. Eventually, you’ll find the right one.)