Chapter 83

“Improv?”

“Yes.”

The director stared at Seo Hoyun with wide-open eyes.

“If you’ve read the script, you’d know that PD Lee Jeonghun is smart but rude, speaks bluntly, and loves making fun of others. He’s a top-notch jerk. And that’s not all. He sometimes resorts to threats without caring about the means.”

“….”

“In short, he’s a trashy person.”

“Is… that so?”

Seo Hoyun muttered hesitantly. Yet, no one refuted the director’s words. The writer even proudly agreed, saying while giving a thumbs-up,

“That’s right, he’s a complete piece of trash!”

“So, I’d like to see how close Seo Hoyun can get to PD Lee Jeonghun.”

“Um.”

“As I said earlier, PD Lee Jeonghun drinks alcohol and smokes cigarettes. Plus, he has a foul mouth. He’s the kind of person who does everything people say not to do.”

“…Yes.”

Frankly, alcohol and cigarettes were merely “offensive” elements, so even if PD Lee Jeonghun had such a setting, there was no need to act out those parts for the role. However, the director just wanted to test him.

Let’s see how far he can go.

He wanted to see how far this brave and powerful-looking idol could go.

I’ve offended him!

In reality, Seo Hoyun was already disgusted by the director’s blatant fronting, but the director, misinterpreting it as him being pressured, proudly said,

“To be honest, it might be a bit rough for an idol to take on this role.”

“I’m fine with that.”

Although Seo Hoyun wondered if he was being too eager, his response was half out of hope that he would pass the audition and half out of wanting to impress the writer as a passionate rookie. Unaware of this, the director was touched to the point of being choked up.

He still wants to try acting even if it hurts his idol image… That’s incredible.

The misunderstanding only deepened.

While the desire to give this fearless and desperate idol the role of Lee Jeonghun grew stronger, the director quickly shook his head.

“…If it’s okay, could you show me some of your acting as PD Lee Jeonghun?”

“Excuse me?”

“Swearing, alcohol, cigarettes – everything PD Lee Jeonghun loves.”

“Director!”

Beside him, the AD looked over with pleading eyes, but it wasn’t enough to dissuade the director, who was determined to test Seo Hoyun.

He probably can’t do it, right?

However, Seo Hoyun merely tilted his head slightly.

“…Should I start with swearing?”

“…Yes?”

As the production staff was taken aback, Seo Hoyun hesitated for a moment before pulling a chair to the center and sitting down with his shoulders straight.

“Who should I direct the swear words at?”

“…The department head. Their relationship is bad in the setting.”