Chapter 59

“Originally, The Dawn wasn’t quite popular. This year, though, a lot has blown up.”

“Their appearance in Shining Star was barely saved by Today’s drug scandal.”

This was quite interesting.

It had been a long time since I heard gossip about The Dawn, not counting the internet hate comments. Even top stars like Joo Woosung and Yu Jia received those.

I tried to listen to what they were saying while I was behind the building, but I turned around just in case.

Ah, Kang Ichae.

I wondered if he would get hurt.

“Why?”

But he still had an indifferent face and continued to brush off the remaining sand off his hands.

Ding!

[As expected, those guys…]

“…?”

[These days, they link Seo Hoyun and Kang Ichae together like that.]

Anyway, Kang Ichae didn’t seem particularly interested. But for me, listening to staff gossip was as entertaining and useless as ever, so I eavesdropped eagerly.

“I must admit that their skills are pretty good.”

“Ah, but Seo Hoyun isn’t that great.”

“Why?”

“He’s a terrible dancer. It’s ridiculous to see him relying on his face alone to be an idol.”

“Really, everyone and their dog wants to be an idol now.”

Is this… a compliment or an insult?

I, who was now known as “the guy who only relies on his face without any skills,” gave them a special score for their fresh evaluation: 5 out of 10 points. Of course, it had no credibility.

Ding!

[You aren’t hurt by this?]

Well…

Even on YouTube, there were tons of videos with clickbait titles like “Hoyun, do you want to be an idol?” so it wouldn’t be a big deal to hear such things in person.

Knowing that, Kang Ichae tried to make a lame joke.

“Hyung, do you only rely on your face?”

“I’m so sick of this misunderstanding.”

I filmed a short video with Kang Ichae, but suddenly the conversation switched.

“But now that he’s doing well, does he have a powerful backer?”

“If that’s the case, it’s really ridiculous…”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that.

I wish I actually had a powerful backer and received such misunderstandings. We were still making our choreography ourselves.

I quickly covered my mouth with both hands and observed the staff’s atmosphere before whispering to Kang Ichae.

“Hey, do you know who’s backing me?”

“The king god emperor general Chumugong majesty himself?”

As Kang Ichae joked about me, the staff’s conversation went even further.

“Could it be that he has a special relationship with Shining Star’s main PD?”

He was (had been) right.