Chapter 34

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“No….”

Seong Jiwon opened his eyes wide as he practiced.

Looking at him again, he was too good to be in a small agency like this. His face was as handsome as a top idol, his singing was unquestionable, and his dancing was one of a kind.

It was clear. He must have wandered around after being noticed by a large agency, only to end up in a place like this.

Better to suffocate here than die over there.

That must have been how he felt before.

Seong Jiwon knew everything. He knew there would be nowhere to go if he was pushed out of here. That’s why he called it the last chance at first.

The world was cruel and dirty.

But there was no need to bring it up now.

“…I can’t quite figure out the pitch here.”

“Huh? You, Hoyun? What’s going on? You’re our pitch machine.”

“Just show me.”

As the subject changed, Seong Jiwon passionately explained everything while looking at the lyrics written on the paper on the practice room floor.

“You must accurately raise the last note here. It’s from La to Do sharp, but it would be nice if we had a piano– well, let’s just use an app to listen.”

Can you believe it? A talent agency without an electronic piano…

The more I looked, the more he seemed like a good guy. He passionately taught without showing any hint of displeasure.

…It’s kind of annoying for some reason.

While rubbing my forehead and thinking about yesterday’s conversation, Kang Ichae burst in with a loud noise, followed by a smug Kim Seonghyeon.

“Guys!”

“Hey, the practice room door is going to break. Are you going to fix it?”

“If the practice room door breaks, we’ll practice with it broken. It’d be nice and cool.”

Kang Ichae shamelessly walked towards where Seong Jiwon and I were sitting, then plopped down and opened the laptop he’d brought.

“I tinkered with it yesterday, you know? I even called composer Lim Hyeonsu and confirmed it. She said it was better than expected, although she did curse a little… Anyway, we got the final okay!”

“Uh, okay.”

Ding!

[What’s with the passion?]

While Kang Ichae seemed to be working hard, he was also leisurely and laid-back. He always had a bystander’s perspective and acted aloof, but this time, he showed a more proactive side for the first time.

“Listen to this. First of all, our debut single, ‘Glow.’”

As Kang Ichae played the song, even Jeong Dajun, who had collapsed in the corner, rushed over and pricked up his ears.

The song began with the sound of footsteps and a door opening. Following this, the melody gave off a more mature feeling than the original, refreshing with a lively high-teen vibe. It also had a unique charm and a slight twist at the end, which was appealing.

“And secondly, for our comeback song, ‘Second Chance.’ Oh, no, it should be called ‘Second Opportunity,’ right? Since that’s the concept.”